Soloist vs 7/8 Strat body size

rlefty

Hi all, apologies if this has already be asked/answered. Couldn't find anything in the search.

If anyone has a 7/8 stat body, would you mind providing the lower bout measurement? I get 12.5" for a standard strat and 12" for a soloist on my current bodies. I prefer a smaller guitar as I'm a smaller person, and I'm trying to decide which body to go for on my next build. Obviously the soloist has more neck options so I'm trying to weigh all the pros and cons.

Also, would any of you happen to have both a soloist and a 7/8 strat be kind enough to provide a picture of them side by side?

Here are two images. Warmoth 7/8 strat in Dakota red satin and Warmoth soloist in alpine white gloss. I lined up the ends of the bodies in the second image. Hope these help.

Attachments

• 78 Strat & Soloist 1.jpg
    78 Strat & Soloist 1.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 1,488
  • 78 Strat & Soloist 2.jpg
    78 Strat & Soloist 2.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 388
Thanks! Both of those are really nice looking. It looks like from a comfort perspective, they're roughly the same. So for my next build it boils down to dynamic pickup configurability (a pickguard) vs more neck options but static pickup configuration.

Weird...for some reason, I thought a 7/8 Strat body needed to have a special 24 fret neck. I didn't know you could put a regular Strat neck on there.

Mincer said:
Weird...for some reason, I thought a 7/8 Strat body needed to have a special 24 fret neck. I didn't know you could put a regular Strat neck on there.

It's a Mustang neck, which is a shorter-scaled neck than your standard Strat neck.

Bagman67 said:
Mincer said:

It's a Mustang neck, which is a shorter-scaled neck than your standard Strat neck.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

ATaber said:
Here are two images. Warmoth 7/8 strat in Dakota red satin and Warmoth soloist in alpine white gloss. I lined up the ends of the bodies in the second image. Hope these help.

Thanks for the pics.  I have to ask...which do you like better?

Back