Soloist project (My 1st guitar build)

slashgnr88

Hey guys! Im new to the board. thought I would throw out my 1st guitar build project.

Specs:

Body- Warmoth Soloist (killer find at $50)
Trem- orig Floyd (another killer find FREE)
Pickup- EMG 81

Neck (on the way from Warmoth): birdeye maple/maple reverse explorer, wizard back, 6100 frets, FR nut cut (R2), clear sat finsish

I installed the trem and did all the wiring myself. Kinda learning as I go.

(Sorry for the crap pics)

Welcome aboard, but I must say, I believe that's a Jackson/Charvel body not a Warmoth. The rear rout for the controls isn't a Warmoth rout..

But that's a hellava deal you got there... :icon_thumright:

thank you!!

ya I notice that upon looking at a lot of warmoth soloist bodies. this body is pretty old... could it possibly be that it was custom routed outside of the warmoth factory. possibly by the guy I got it from. ???
it seems to have identical body demension and specs to a warmoth soloist. the guy that sold it to me said it was a warmoth but I guess he could be wrong.

what do you think?

warmoth or not, that's a classy looking shredder that you got going on there... white guitars are sexy...

thanks man. warmoth or not the paint on it is done pretty well. i wish I could say i did it.

I actually bought the body from one of the guitarist from Dangerous Toys

slashgnr88 said:
thank you!!

ya I notice that upon looking at a lot of warmoth soloist bodies. this body is pretty old... could it possibly be that it was custom routed outside of the warmoth factory. possibly by the guy I got it from. ???
it seems to have identical body demension and specs to a warmoth soloist. the guy that sold it to me said it was a warmoth but I guess he could be wrong.

what do you think?
I'm not sure how long they've been making the soloist copy.  I know they've been making it at least since the mid 90's. It is quite possible that it is a body from way back, is there no markings in the neck pocket? And really only someone from Warmoth would know for sure if they ever made the control cavity like Jackson. But from the ones I've seen since I've known about Warmoth, the control cavity has been as it is today... :dontknow:

the neck pocket is painted or primered or something. there are some traces of script that kinda looks like it says warmoth but I can not be for sure about it. it does have the standard fender neck pocket specs like the warmoth bodies have. do the jacksons have the same neck pocket specs?

are the body dimensions of the jackson soloist and the warmoth soloist the same??? if not what are the differences that you know of?

also what is the purpose behind the way warmoth routs the back?? just easy to work with or get electronics in or what?

slashgnr88 said:
the neck pocket is painted or primered or something. there are some traces of script that kinda looks like it says warmoth but I can not be for sure about it. it does have the standard fender neck pocket specs like the warmoth bodies have. do the jacksons have the same neck pocket specs?

are the body dimensions of the jackson soloist and the warmoth soloist the same??? if not what are the differences that you know of?

also what is the purpose behind the way warmoth routs the back?? just easy to work with or get electronics in or what?
You try taking a piece of paper and lay it in the pocket, then take a pencil and using the side of the lead, just kinda lightly rub the pencil all around the pocket. And that should transfer any indentions in the pocket onto the paper. Jackson pretty much used the same neck pocket dimensions as Fender, but I'm not sure about Warmoth's soloists' dimensions. I don't own a Warmoth soloist, but I have plenty of Jackson's. I'm not sure about the control cavity rout Warmoth uses, but it's pretty much used on quite a few of Warmoth's bodies..

thanks man. 80's is exactly what I was goin for!!!!!

Ill try the paper trick and post soon my findings!!!

thanks guys

Ok...so I did the paper trick to the neck pocket and found something pretty strange....it says warmoth on the neckpocket....BUT....it is spelled in reverse and in all caps

( HTOMRAW )

at first I thought this was because of the paper trick but I have had several people look at it and I have been over and over it and it looks that way on the pocket itself as well.

It is also running across the top of the neck pocket and there seems to be no turtle or anything

anyone ever heard of this??? seems pretty crazy to me? possibly I just dont know anything haha

Whether it's a warmoth or a htomraw who cares ... if it works it works.  Enjoy it.

I will try idk if my camera will get that close and still stay focused. it is pretty crapy. ill post them up tonight if I can get it to work!!

Weird identification conundrum, but still, cool stuff at the best kind of price. Good hunting there! And yes I am also a fan of white geetars. Look forward to seeing it all together

neck and parts are supposed to be in today via UPS. got my fingers crossed! ill post pics if it comes

my cam just wont pick up enuf detail to see anything with the rubbing.

OK....so my neck and parts came. the neck is great but I took it to my tech and he said that it was unfinished. I ordered and payed for a clear satin finish. major bummer...got to send it back I guess...fml

has anyone here had to send a neck back because warmoth forgot to apply the finish that you payed for????

I mean Im pretty sure this neck is raw. (no finish comes off of the frets when i run over it with my thumb nail) but its a lil confusing because satin and raw look pretty similar to me on a maple neck.

give me some wisdom!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!!!

Back