Soloist pickguard

muns53

Hi Warmoth team,

Please offer a Soloist-specific front pickguard for people to purchase if they would like to put one on their soloist. You guys do stuff like that perfectly and it would open up lots of new doors for guitarists who love the soloist.

Thanks!

I would like to see that too.

Are you proposing a pickguard that is aesthetic only...that just sits above a rear-routed body? Or are you proposing that we develop a top-routed version of the Soloist body, to be released in tandem with the new pickguard?

The latter is a whole different kettle-o-fish.

You could start with the aesthetic PG first and see how it is received. At some time in the future, you could make a top routed version if the demand seems to be there.

I see zero reason that a soloist PG needs to have a top routed cavity. All other platforms have differences because the PG came first, and then the vintage heads said - but it's not like the one Jimi used! Swimming pool routes have more liquid tone, or something that makes about as much sense.

swarfrat said:
....Swimming pool routes have more liquid tone, or something that makes about as much sense.
I like that! But to paraphrase AA: It's not the pool, it's the swimmer....  :icon_thumright:

That opens a whole set of analogies ...
It's not the pencil, it's the writer
It's not the scalpel, it's the surgeon
It's not the hammer, it's the carpenter
It's not the ball, it's the golfer

This is givin me vuja de: I tried to use a picking guard on a friend's San Dimas and even tho I drilled it to match the body I couldn't get the switch all the way through the body wood and the plastic guard. i was #crestfallen and my friend was pissed to the off. I wish somebody had told me that before but I never asked anybody, so like they say, you live you live and then you get luvs

I assume you mean something like this.

LUouXlP.jpg

What do you mean, no?

Back