Soloist Body Help!

Death by Uberschall said:
crash said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Put a Floyd Upgrades brass big block on it first. Best $35 I ever spent on a Floyd equipped guitar.  :icon_thumright:

http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/

Interesting... so would this http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77 work on the Wilkinson bridge for my strat that I purchased from Warmoth?

Not sure, I don't know if he makes them for Wilkies?

KGC does.
http://www.killerguitarcomponents.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

But be aware that these blocks will limit your dive range. Look at the way it's built. There's a lot of extra metal at the side towards the butt of the guitar
and it will hit the end of the rout before the stock block will on a dive.
I have the VS-100 block from KGC.
I'd suggest - if you're not disappointed with the sound of your stock block, then don't fix it if it ain't broken.

I would talk to Troubled Treble about a pickup.  I agree with much of what has been said about the wood influence, or lack there of.  Still, until I was part of the process listening to how much you can change the sound of a guitar with someone that knows how to wind a pickup, I would have thought that the amount of the pickups effect things was baloney.  Ken (Troubled Treble) would be able to describe his pickups better.  But, before I was willing to scrap the project, I'd try the pickups and see if it helped.
Patrick

I got lucky and built a Soloist with good/balanced tonal qualities.  Flame maple top on basswood; Recessed heel. Modern model quarter-sawn maple strat neck with Brazillian rosewood fingerboard and 22 -SS 6105 frets; mother of pearl dots; Recessed Original Floyd Rose. The only thing left wanting is the same guitar with a fixed bridge.  Hope you find the tone you seek

I know I'm new but it seems to me that everyone here is ignoring the obvious main factor in guitar tone....Magic! :icon_thumright:

Cagey said:
Well, that and tone worms.

I tried to find them near the meal worms, glass worms and blood worms, but to no avail.  However, I did not check next to the night crawlers.

You won't find them with the night crawlers, either. Those are in the "Fish Bait" section. It seems fish are so fundamentally retarded that they think night crawlers just sporadically fall from the sky for no apparent reason. They go to eat them (fish love worms! Who knew?) and get a hook in their mouth, after which they're dragged out of their natural environment to another one where they suffocate to death shortly thereafter. You would think Darwinism would have improved the breed by now, but no. Maybe in a another couple billion years. But, I digress.

You have to go where they sell worm gears. Places like power transmission parts distributors, automotive transmission repair shops, mechanical engineering departments... you know, places that are regularly hosed down with testosterone. Tone worms thrive under that kind of influence.

Back