-SOLD- Fender Precision Special Bass Build- Black blocks & binding

captainsmooth

Here’s a great build I just put together while waiting on my custom parts to come in. Basically I wanted that P Special that GC/MF sells for $1050, but as a passive P woth a GZR. It’s an incredible player! Here are the details:

-Fender Precision Special neck (Jazz width)  with black blocks and binding. Removed from a brand new Seafoam green PJ Special. It’s mint.
-Fender Precision body bought new directly from Fender. Absolutely mint.
-Fender High Mass Bridge. Brand new.
-EMG GZR P Pickup and harness. Brand new, first installation. Totally noiseless. All solderless wiring.
-The b/w/b guard and it’s screws came off an Early 00’s Standard I swapped colors on.

No case included, but we can’t talk about a hsc or bag if you need. Currently strung with flats.
Asking $850 shipped Zelle, Venmo, Apple Pay, etc.
Interested in trades at a little higher value. Can add a bit of cash on either side. I’ve never sold on here, so I hope I’m doing this right. If not, let me know, and apologies.
Having trouble uploading photos, but I’ll figure it out. You can message me and I can send some.

Can anyone explain to me why it says I can upload .jpg files but won’t let me upload .jpeg files? They’re the same thing.

As they are not, thus why .jpg vs .jpeg

You have to convert them.

And I agree, they should allow .jpeg

But they are the same…. No difference in format. The only difference is that one was created when you could only code a three place extension. I understand it’s just a matter of changing the file name in the system, but I’m usually on the go. And that’s not the quickest thing to do on a mobile device.

captainsmooth said:
Can anyone explain to me why it says I can upload .jpg files but won’t let me upload .jpeg files? They’re the same thing.

Its just simply the extension types the forum allows to be uploaded.

Well yeah, I got that…. My point was that jpg and Jpeg are the same and it’s odd that one is accepted while the other isn’t.

Anyhow, I converted all the photos to an accepted format. Now they’re too large. Sheesh. I shouldn’t have to go through so much editing/converting trouble just to upload photos off my my phone. I give up. If anyone would like pics of this bass, you can message me your email, and I’ll send them.

captainsmooth said:
Well yeah, I got that…. My point was that jpg and Jpeg are the same and it’s odd that one is accepted while the other isn’t.

Exactly that is all that it is and that is the explanation to the question asked.

The forum software and settings are not the most modern, who knows perhaps there is a setting that can be changed or perhaps it can not but for now it is what it is. It also may be that it is deliberately restricted to stop spam.

Give it the right extension and the right size and it works.  complaining  about such trivialities is trivial.

Not complaining, just voicing an opinion. I think it’s dumb. What’s trivial is having to go through 3 or so steps just to upload a photo file. I’m a member on multiple other hobbyist forums, and have never dealt with this. I’m new here, so I get “that’s just how it is.” Very off putting IMO.

No one said it is just what it is, rather it is what it is which has no relationship with how long someone has been a member or not.

I personally do not use phones for posting but as you do it will bring certain limitations. I have no idea which phone you use but there are free apps available at least for android that will enable you to do the conversion.

You kind of did say that just a few comments above lol. And I never once related the issue to how long I’ve been a member here. I was just stating my new status as an explanation as to why this was all new and surprising to me. Again, it’s not an issue of inability to do so. It’s an issue of the inconvenience of having to even take those steps instead of just being able to simply upload a photo. And I understand, obviously, that thousands of forum members here don’t mind this and post pictures regularly. I’m just saying from my personal standpoint, it’s not worth the effort. Changing a file type is easy, sure. Sitting in an app constantly  resizing, and compressing photos to try and fit the 4000kb per photo limit is annoying and time consuming. Just my opinion.

Side note- uploading a profile picture/avatar is extremely easy and effortless. Why that doesn’t translate across the entire site is beyond me.

Having said that- if you’d like to see a picture of this bass, it’s now my profile picture  :toothy12:

Back