SOLD!!!!! Custom Made P90 Telecaster, TV Yellow "Tele Special"

RockStarNick

SOLD!!!!!!!!  CUSTOM MADE P90 TELECASTER, TV YELLOW

web.png

FOR SALE: CUSTOM MADE P90 TELECASTER, TV YELLOW
Hey guys. I've never been one to say "it pains me to sell this", but this time, it rings true. I'm downsizing the herd, and I want this guitar to go to a good home. For sale is one of my favorite creations, a Pierro Custom "Tele Special" dual P90 telecaster. Finished in a gorgeous, custom TV Yellow by Marty Bell in California.

My father (and myself) are starting a small custom guitar building business soon. We meticulously built this guitar together, with the goal of making a really unique Tele with Gibson looks and tone, a Fender feel, and modern playability. This guitar has a great tonal palette - you can get the snap and twang of a Tele, and also that infamous Gibson chainsaw P90 chunk and grind. I've thrown together a video to demonstrate the tones you can get from it, so please watch it - as hearing it in action can give you a far better idea of what it sounds like, rather than a few written descriptions.

[youtube=425,350]_SMX-l_dnDI[/youtube]

Here's the full specs:
• Warmoth SOLID Mahogany Telecaster Body w/ custom "thinline route" on solid body & tummy cut.
• Beautiful translucent TV Yellow finish by the master, Marty Bell, in California
• Warmoth Standard Thin Maple/Rosewood CBS Neck, satin finish hand-rubbed poly on back, high gloss headstock face.
• 6150 Frets that have been rounded and dressed on the ends for comfort - no jagged edges.
• 25.5" scale, 10-16" compound radius, 1 & 11/16" nut width.
• Shaped, slotted, and polished corian Nut
• PureTone Crocs P90 Pickups, Gibson Black Bell knobs
• CTS Pots, Switchcraft electronics, Orange Drop tone cap
• American Standard Fender bridge, Schaller 6-inline Tuners

This guitar is technically used (by myself), so I can't call it "new" or "mint". But it was only ever played at home, or in the studio.
I'd rate it at a solid 9.5 our of 10, excellent ++ condition.

Will ship in a Gator Tweed vintage-style case.

I'm looking to get $900 shipped.

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

NOTE: The guitar originally had vintage tuners on them, but I swapped them out for some German-made Schallers, which in my opinion, hold tune much better. The original holes were plugged with maple dowels, and then refinished. I tried to highlight them in this pic, but in person, they're barely noticeable.
web.png

I just want to say that's a beautiful guitar and brilliant execution of your idea. It looks like something that would come out of Fender custom shop (and be well received).

Thanks fellas. Yeah, this was a fun one to build for sure. Made sure we paid attention to the little details (i.e. the pickguard cutout perfectly matching the radius of the P90 corner).

Spread the word to anyone who wants a killer unique tele.

wow. great design. excellent sounds and playing in that video as well. hope this goes to someone on the boards.

Back