So I wake up this morning

hannaugh

Master Member
... and realize that last night I smoked a freaking cigar.  Girls' night out, we were supposed to get a drink and go see the Wolverine movie.  What did we do instead?  Had several drinks and ended up randomly ordering cigars and smoking them on the patio of the brewery.  WTF?  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Now I have this weird taste in my mouth, and my lungs are kind of mad at me.  It was hilarious though because we closed the place down at 11:30... we felt like crazy partiers and then we realized that they close early for the fact that they are a bar. 

:hello2:
Your not suppose to inhale!  Your lungs should not be mad at you but the nasty taste takes awhile to go away.  That is the beauty of cigars you can be a bad boy or girl once in awhile and not get addicted because they are so nasty. You have to try a Cuban Partagas, it like smoking chocolate.

PS Just a reminder; don’t inhale!!!!!

In all seriousness, i am all for a few drinks or whatever, but did you learn your lesson about getting drunk and doing stupid things as a result of that?

I think it's really unattractive to see women smoking cigars. It isn't healthy and it isn't sexy. (At least not to me.)

Man, I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, but cigars... man. I hate those things.

Oh, and "woke" up this morning :p

Tonar8353 said:
:hello2:
Your not suppose to inhale!  Your lungs should not be mad at you but the nasty taste takes awhile to go away.  That is the beauty of cigars you can be a bad boy or girl once in awhile and not get addicted because they are so nasty. You have to try a Cuban Partagas, it like smoking chocolate.

PS Just a reminder; don’t inhale!!!!!

I tried not to inhale, but I did like 2 or 3 times a little bit by accident.  Other than that, no regrets.  It was an amusing experience, it tasted really good (it was a vanilla-ish one), and we had fun.  It was nothing like cigarettes at all in my opinion (I hate cigarettes).  I think a cigar once a year with a few drinks would be fine with me.  

line6man said:
In all seriousness, i am all for a few drinks or whatever, but did you learn your lesson about getting drunk and doing stupid things as a result of that?

I think it's really unattractive to see women smoking cigars. It isn't healthy and it isn't sexy. (At least not to me.)

One could say that about drinking too

JohninSC said:
line6man said:

Well, everyone knows that a drunk girl is, err, "suggestible" to certain activities. :toothy12:  :blob7:

line6man said:
JohninSC said:
line6man said:

Well, everyone knows that a drunk girl is, err, "suggestible" to certain activities.

There's nothing sexy about being just plain skanky...

Do you guys keep your women in burkhas or something? Lighten up, live and let live a bit fellas.

Markoooooo said:
tfarny said:
Do you guys keep your women in burkhas or something? Lighten up, live and let live a bit fellas.
(8:37:10 PM) Marko: slamming your face in someones cleavage.. and that kind of stuff
haha! exactly my thoughts.......

I think it's funny you assume we were trying to be attractive on our girl's night out.  I was away from the fiance, she was away from the boyfriend, with no intention of impressing anyone.  We went out to have a couple drinks and relax and have some girl talk. 

We didn't get stumbling down drunk, there was no vomiting, there was no dancing on the table tops.  We had 3 pints each (7.1 ABV... unfortunately on an empty stomach... that's where we went wrong), got a little bold and quietly smoked a couple cigars while we discussed problems with society and what projects we should work on over the summer (she is my main art and music buddy).  Nobody fell over, no one passed out, no one tried to pick up a stranger.  We ended up sitting in my car listening to music for a few hours until I was sober enough to drive home. 

We had a great time, we'll probably do it again in a few months.  Other than the occasional party time 3 or 4 times a year, I have one beer once in a while when I get home from work. 

Hannaugh, i could have sworn that you said you didn't drink because alcohol upsets your stomach?

I don't drink red wine because it upsets my stomach, though white wine is usually okay.  Bourbon also upsets my stomach.  Beer is fine though, which is what I usually drink. 

Half off topic: Have you every tried Absinthe? I don't usually drink, but I got to try a shot of it on Easter after dinner. It was so strong (78% alcohol) that i nearly choked on it. I felt pretty clear and focused afterwords though, no drunk buzz at all.

It's more refined these days, but in Europe Absinthe was banned by the 20th century times, as it would send people mad. Rumoured to have helped Vincent Van Gogh on his way to insanity.

These days it packs less punch and is allowed to be sold. I had a friend drink that stuff a year or two back when there was a bit of marketing about it in Australia, and he swears blind that the stuff kicked his head in.

Hannaugh: Sorry, but your opening lines to this Thread did read like you and your friend 'tied one on' and got plastered, ending up smoking cigars and feeling worse for wear the next day. That was my impression anyways.... Sorry for the wrong assumption.

Not at all my intention.  I just thought it was hilariously random that we ended up smoking cigars on girls' night out, so I thought I would tell the tale.   I mean, when you think of the most likely activities to be partaken in during girls night out, cigar smoking would probably not be the first thing that comes to mind. 

I've never had absinthe.  I'm not a fan of licorice, and I have been told that is what it tastes like, so I probably wouldn't like it.

Back