So I realize there's all sorts of factors that go into the front/rear routing

Lucky #7

decision, but why God why?

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=201&itemNumber=PS3294&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0

PS3294a.jpg

Too me that would have been nicer rear routed, with or without a hard tail. It's like when I saw this one if it wasn't top routed i'd have bought it in an instant but I can't really see the point in covering such a great finish with a plastic guard. I still look at it hoping upon hope that it's somehow become rear routed and HSS.
PS3296a.jpg

PS3296b.jpg

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS3296&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=][url=http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS3296&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=]http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS3296&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=[/url]

Yes.  It doesn't mean I don't die a little when I see a body like that front routed.  My question was more rhetorical.

Gregg said:
Haven't we beat this issue to death over and over and over? 

Issue not beat to death; y'all continue to waste incredible blanks by carving top routes in them. What's the point of the beautiful orange striping if most of it is going to be covered by a pickguard? No reason the world you couldn't have rear routed that body....

Don't think it's a case of beating to death, I was just saying that if that blue strat was rear routed i'd have bought it straight away.

jackthehack said:
Gregg said:
Haven't we beat this issue to death over and over and over? 

Issue not beat to death; y'all continue to waste incredible blanks by carving top routes in them. What's the point of the beautiful orange striping if most of it is going to be covered by a pickguard? No reason the world you couldn't have rear routed that body....

How do you know there wasn't a blemish where the top rout control cavity is now located?

Someone will buy it, so I don't see it as a waste.

How about completely unrouted bodies? No trem, no controls, no pickups, no bridge. Just for the great-looking bodies.

Wyliee said:
How do you know there wasn't a blemish where the top rout control cavity is now located?

Someone will buy it, so I don't see it as a waste.

alright, if there was a blemish in the top than that makes perfect sense... but there better have been a blemish otherwise it's just a waste.

I know I'm going to be shunned for saying this.... BUT, I think rear routed strats look retarded... They lose their strat look to me at that point..

Actually, contained within the area of wood removed on top was a knot in the likeness of the Mother Teresa. It was carefully removed and fetched $800 on ebay. Now that's expert wood yield.

How 'bout them Yankees?!

JamesL said:
I know I'm going to be shunned for saying this.... BUT, I think rear routed strats look retarded... They lose their strat look to me at that point..
I agree to most of what you write. I don`t wanna say they look retarded, but I personally would never buy a strat body and not put a pickguard on it. 

Jommit said:
JamesL said:
I agree to most of what you write. I don`t wanna say they look retarded, but I personally would never buy a strat body and not put a pickguard on it. 

yep

strats just look wrong to me without a pckguard

Pickguards on strats reek to me of "Fender".  Plastic is cheap and un-organic.  When I touch my guitar I want to touch wood, or at least the finish covering the wood.  The striped korina and blue strat-shaped body in this thread were never in any danger of being confused for a production line model Fender, so why slap a cheap Fender pickguard on it?  I know alot of people dig the ultra-traditional design of a Fender, but when I see pickguard strat copy after pickguard strat copy with blank fender headstocks they kinda of seem unoriginal to me, not to mention when folks slap a fake Fender decal on.  It seems to me everyone here has some reason or other to not want to give their money to Fender or Gibson, so why limit yourself to their antiquated designs?    That's the difference between having a Fender strat COPY, or having a custom guitar in my opinion.    A "strat shaped body" from Warmoth does not neccessarily a "Strat" make.

Jommit said:
JamesL said:

I believe retarded was the wrong word, but it sounded good to me at the time.. I'm the same way, they just look.... Wrong without the scratchplate.

Gregg said:
Actually, contained within the area of wood removed on top was a knot in the likeness of the Mother Teresa. It was carefully removed and fetched $800 on ebay. Now that's expert wood yield.
do you get paid for on the job posting as a Warmoth employee?,

because you could make much more money as an on-line comedian(LMAO)

I'll pay more if you find me a knot in the likeness of our next president - Obama

:laughing7:

do you get paid for on the job posting as a Warmoth employee?
No. There's generally not enough time during the day to be posting unless it's break time or lunch. I'll mostly post after or before work like now. I'm glad the humor is evident sometimes. 

Haven't seen any Obama knots.......

Back