So I have to bend the jack plate...?

JonatanOTG

Hello forum,

I'm quite excited since this might be the last post on the forum before I put up som pics of my new geeta' in the gallery...  :toothy10:

But here's the problem. I did expect the jack plate (football) to be already bent so that it would fit the strat body. Although it was bent to a point, I can clearly see that I need to bend it some more, the corners are aprox 1 mm abovve the body. So, how do I bend it proprely?
I've tried by hand. Didn't make any difference...  :doh:  Help please!

Get some pliers and something soft in between the pliers and the jack plate so it's not metal on metal, and bend it slowly.

Please, anything but pliers...  :-\

But ok then, I'll give it a shot and try not to scratch off too much of the black finish  :icon_thumright:

Yep thats why you gotta have something soft like a piece of rubber or similar between the plate and the pliers, and go slow!

SustainerPlayer said:
I just screw them in using the supplied screws. Predrilled the holes. And in basswood too. No problem.

Nice, so there was no need to bend the plate at all then? But I doubt that it'd work for my guitar - I mean, I'm too afraid to do it that way...  :sad:

Actually, just screwing them in should do the trick. Just be careful not to strip the head of the screw. Go slow, take your time. You won't need to bend it as much as you think you will.
MULLY

Back