So, how did you discover Warmoth?

I saw ads in Guitar for the Practicing Musician back when I was 14ish.  :)

Back in those days you couldn't just jump on-line to check stuff out.  I think you actually had to call to get a catalog.  It was like the stone ages or something.

I rediscovered Warmoth a couple years ago when tweaking my guitars and contemplating buying a new guitar and annoyed that no major manufacturer made the guitar I really wanted.

erik

Way back in 1980/1981, I was a Freshman in High School, I'm thumbing through Guitar Player Magazine & see an ad in the back regarding piecing together different custom components to make your dream guitar.  I got a couple of catalogs a year from them to drool over ever since up until they went online with everything.  Now I drool online in rated G.

My guitar teacher has built a full mahogany warmoth strat and told me to take a look at their homepage. I fell in love instantly  :)

Bare Knuckle pickups forum.

The moment I saw those SG bodies and all the options for parts, I knew this was a downward spiral for one's finances. 

I was doing a search for a new volume knob, for some peice o crap guitar, and stumbled onto Warmoths site, Now I have 4 Warmoths and still missing the knob on the first guitar.

Alfang said:
I was doing a search for a new volume knob, for some peice o crap guitar, and stumbled onto Warmoths site, Now I have 4 Warmoths and still missing the knob on the first guitar.

Haha, that's awesome Alfang.  Gregg, you guys should put that on your front page or something!!

dbw said:
Alfang said:

Haha, that's awesome Alfang.  Gregg, you guys should put that on your front page or something!!

That is classic.  I love it too.

I knew the name from somewhere and googled it... A tele and a half later I'm  :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :rock-on:

Was never happy with a Fender Strat Plus I had for a few years as a result hardly ever played it, the Warmoth name kept coming up whlie researching for custom guitars on the net, the rest as they say is...one of the my better dsicoveries on the internet. Now have :guitarplayer2: 2 complete and one in the making.

I was a drummer in the early 80's, the guitarist in my band always talked about the Warmoth stuff, but could never afford to get one, so after I started playing guitar a few yrs ago Warmoth was the first thing I thougt of, of coarse I have gone through six guitars in the past 3 yrs and finally got sick of the crap. I almost went with mighty mite stuff, but the sales guy told me that jumbo frets and a compound radius neck don't jive! I'm glad he said that cause I love my compound radius warmoth with jumbo's.

I started looking for guitars back in my freshman year (which ended about two weeks ago...:p) and came across places like guitarattack.com. Then stewmac, and then here, by google.

DocNrock said:
Gotta love Google.
You can just about find anything on google, hell you could probably google your first piece of ass and find it......
crackup.gif

Back