Slash Profile

NLD09

I tried out an epiphone slash les paul today at my local guitar center  :icon_thumright:  and the neck profile felt pretty good to me. The website defines this as the "Slash Profile."

According to the Gibson website this is a "thin, comfortable profile." And apparently a good percentage of the work is done by hand so that "every neck will have it's own distinct, but traditional, feel."

It felt considerably heftier than a thin profile to me... Any ideas where the slash profile fits in with the W profiles?

If your had the dimentions of the neck would be easy... this way you'll have to wait someone who knows a lot of warmoth necks and know this one... Think will be a long wait

But seriously, if you look on the W site, the '59 Roundback (or Wolfgang, but it's asymetrical) is their next size up from the Standard Thin.  So, it's relatively thin compared to some of their other profile offerings, and due to the name, I would guess it's Gibson-esque.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
But seriously, if you look on the W site, the '59 Roundback (or Wolfgang, but it's asymetrical) is their next size up from the Standard Thin.  So, it's relatively thin compared to some of their other profile offerings, and due to the name, I would guess it's Gibson-esque.

It's said as the profile was taked on a real '59 LP... But these were hand made and I would not be very surprised if had difference in each neck profile...

NonsenseTele said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:

It's said as the profile was taked on a real '59 LP... But these were hand made and I would not be very surprised if had difference in each neck profile...

well i'm thinking this may be the case with the slash model as well. the last one i tried didn't feel good at all to me, but this one was great.

I would give the same guess of Gary, the '59 Roudback must fit what you want... But I haven't played on a '59 Roundback nor a Les Paul Slash...

NLD09 said:
According to the Gibson website this is a "thin, comfortable profile." And apparently a good percentage of the work is done by hand so that "every neck will have it's own distinct, but traditional, feel."

This is very interesting market spin on 'no two will be alike.'  If they all feel different, how can they possibly match up with the 'official' Slash profile?

A 'considerable amount of hand work' on a sub-1000 guitar's neck? uhuh.  :binkybaby: Just get a 59, it's beefy but not too much so. Feels great in the hand.

I'm enjoying the '59 profile myself.  Full feeling without being too chunky at the shoulder.

I'll try to make it over to my local GC to check one out this week for comparison.

I agree on the '59 profile, that's my fav choice for a W LP

Being hand made is subjective.  Even the mass produced, assembly line guitars at some point have human hands doing some work on them.  Go to GC and try two of the same make and model (not unlike the OP did).  Even the same guitar with identical specs, and even differing by 1 on the serial numbers, will feel and sound different.  Like Wyliee said in another post, even an extra pass of the sander can take just thousanths of an inch off, making the identical neck contour feel different in your hand.

I have both the Warmoth '59 and Wolfgang profiles and like them both very much. If you like some wood in the hands, but not too much, get the '59. I really like the Wolfgang a lot, more wood than a thin, but the feel is really fast and comfortable.

I actually ended up going with another SRV neck. My other one fit me like a glove so why change it?

CBS headstock. Bloodwood fingerboard on wenge. no face dots.

NLD09 said:
I actually ended up going with another SRV neck. My other one fit me like a glove so why change it?

CBS headstock. Bloodwood fingerboard on wenge. no face dots.

WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHY ISNT THERE A THREAD!?

lol i figured i'd make a thread when the neck got here. It's going on my sunburst highway one.  :icon_jokercolor:

Back