Since the various Warmoth guitar woods, parts, options etc. can be compared to McDonald's sandwiches.........................

I love trying to interpret Young's songs ... assuming it's about him, he singing about the confusing world we live in, and how, in a way, his poetry is like purveying drugs to people, like he's delivering drugs. It's surreal which makes it a little frightening. I like his songs where he sticks to a narrative like Powderfinger ... looks they aren't here to deliver the mail (another delivery song)
"Just then a priest comes down the stairs
with a sack of dreams and old nightmares"

Last edited:
A little bit of angst and dread in those songs ... there's an association with lynyrd skynyrd. he had met with them and I believe these songs came after their meeting. Makes me wonder what they talked about.

A little bit of angst and dread in those songs ... there's an association with lynyrd skynyrd. he had met with them and I believe these songs came after their meeting. Makes me wonder what they talked about.
It's hard to say, but I am pretty sure Neil is referring to a sack of McDonalds food.

I mean, could it be more obvious?

...there's a white boat coming up the river
With a big red beacon

Might as well put it up on a neon sign.

You mean ... Powderfinger is about an unwanted delivery of McDonald's? Wow ...

You mean ... Powderfinger is about an unwanted delivery of McDonald's? Wow ...
No but The priest coming down the stairs, with a sack of dreams and old nightmares".................is!

Back