Similar to PRS's HFS pickups?

Hey guys.

I've got an '03 PRS CE-24 with the uncovered pickups (HFS i believe they are), and i love the tone of the bridge pickup. Really bright, but not overpowering or twangy, and just the right amount of output. I know part of this tone has to do with the thin body and the maple top, but does anybody know of any pickups that would be similar in tone to these. BTW, I hate my CE-24's neck pickup though. Not thick enough, and just weak in general.

I'm planning on building a tele with a humbucker in the bridge and a sweet tele single neck. If i could duplicate my PRS' bridge pickup tone (or slightly beefier) that would be perfect. If i can't find anything better, my fallback is going to be a duncan invader. I've got one in another guitar and like it alot.

I like the PRS mostly, but i just have never really liked that wider neck. Nothing beats a tele to me as far as feel.

PRS necks arnt any wider than any other neck...it's just that they call it wide/fat.    the neck on my Fender MIM Tele is just as wide as the PRS necks...just marketing bs from PRS.

Brian

Back