Showcase questions.

M

misplacedsanity

When buying a standard (3 single coils) front routed showcase strat, can you request different routes? hum/sing/hum for instance.
Also, if it's routed for an American standard trem could you request a wilky route?
Got my fingers crossed on this one.

The Tele I got had the normal Tele routes, and I had it routed for HxH.  It was unfinished.  I see that a lot of the finished Showcase Strats have term routes on the back, but the face is ready to be routed for whichever trem you'd like to put on it.  I would expect that a change in the pickup route was possible after seeing that.
Patrick

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_guitar_bridge_routing.cfm

I dunno about the trem, but i think it could be done, it looks like it.  :icon_scratch:

misplacedsanity said:
When buying a standard (3 single coils) front routed showcase strat, can you request different routes? hum/sing/hum for instance.
Also, if it's routed for an American standard trem could you request a wilky route?
Got my fingers crossed on this one.

1.) You can change any existing pickup route to something that doesn;t require to put wood back in.
2.) Where are you seeing one already routed in front? They tend to all have a std. rear tremolo route, routing on top done to order?

It was this little beauty that caught my eye:
PS2323c.jpg

I didn't want to bother them with an email, I'm sure they get a million and one daft questions like this. Besides I've got
two projects that are pretty much finished and another couple that are on the back burner and I promised myself I
would buy anything new before I'd completed at least one. But you know how it is, just having a look through the
showcase late on a Saturday night.

and I promised myself I would buy anything new
Little freudian slip there. That should read: "Wouldn't buy anything new."

jackthehack said:
1.) You can change any existing pickup route to something that doesn;t require to put wood back in.

No shit, I passed up a lot of bodies I could have used, in that case! How about a body with just one 'bucker route? Would they route a neck pup?

Absolutely, I've bought a couple of bodies off of the showcase that were only routed for a bridge humbucker that I've had Warmoth put in neck routes.

I've done this with almost everything I've bought off the showcase. No charge and no big deal.

tfarny said:
I've done this with almost everything I've bought off the showcase. No charge and no big deal.

How is the paint job afterwards on the area that needed to be routed?

Either it's all covered up by a pickguard, or it's a 'new' route in bare wood, for example getting a J bass bridge pickup added to a P bass body.

Whoa! I usually don't like Fender style guitars that flashy... but Warmoth manages to change all my aesthetic preferences  :hello2:.

Back