Shell Pink Hybrid Strat - My First Warmoth

Tunerss came in :headbang: pretty happy with how solid they feel. Should be very nice once all the other parts come.

f5flBi2.jpg

Sort of finalising the electronics. Going with 2 x 500k push-push pots for the Fralin P90 and Split Tele Bridge hum-cancelling pickups, and want to do some special stuff for my first build. Doing a 3 way switch, one of the pots for series/parallel for the two pickups, and the other to remove the load for Volume and Tone pots. Going to draw a wiring diagram for this when it gets closer to delivery time. Also ordered a Orange Drop 0.047uF Cap and some threaded inserts, so will borrow my summer job boss' milling machine for the screws and threads I need.

Ordered the pickups from Fralin yesterday, Hum-cancelling P90 5% underwound for the Neck, and Split Blade Tele Blues Special for the bridge. Really excited for them, should be here in 2 weeks.

Which is a problem, because I just recieved my shipping notification from Warmoth :band: took 4 weeks and 4 days for it to ship which really surprised me, especially because it's around this period. Can't wait for it to come on Monday and I'll definitely post a heap of photos.

Was supposed to arrive today but I made a mistake and forgot to send the import fee payment receipt, after I paid for it on Friday, so it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow :doh: Can't wait to post some photos tomorrow.

I'll repost the photos in this thread as well.

MkXigq3.jpg

BoLcmJA.jpg

a2CaRYC.jpg

i7N8PFv.jpg

Not sure what step to take next, the Fralin pickups shipped out this morning/last night (Took 6 days for hum cancelling P90 and split blade tele bridge, compared to 7-10 day as they estimated so really happy with that), I might wait until they come before doing anything and then when they come will borrow a drill press and go to town.

BigSteve22 said:
That's a great looking combo! Keep them pix  a-coming....  :icon_thumright:

Well if you insist.

Chucked the tuners on, so surprised how easy it was. I was expecting it to be but it literally took 5 minutes and they look great.

UFQZpy9.jpg

Yes! That's really beautiful. Nice choice of neck for it. The two look great together.

That thing is cool! I've got a Sonic Blue / White Pearloid combination in the works. I was SO CLOSE to going Shell Pink. Great looking guitar!

JaySwear2 said:
That thing is cool! I've got a Sonic Blue / White Pearloid combination in the works. I was SO CLOSE to going Shell Pink. Great looking guitar!

That'd look so good, while Shell Pink was a clear pick for me, I'd love to get a Sonic Blue Jazz Bass or Jazzmaster. And White Pearloid is definitely a killer pickguard style.

Decided I couldn't wait any longer and I screwed in the neck and strung it up. Once the pickups come I'll install the threaded inserts in the neck and do everything else needed to finish the guitar. I also managed to chip the paint already last night, accidentally got the jack socket stuck and tried getting it out with pliers, I'm dumb :doh: I found the pieces of paint that chipped off and super glued them back on but it's still annoying. Though it gives it character right? And I don't have to worry about making the first dent now.

After mucking around with the action of the bridge for a bit to get it to stop buzzing, it's pretty fun to play already. Once I set it up properly after it's all built it's going to be a weapon and my most playable guitar I think.

GKWgjab.jpg

JfBtQLP.jpg

I like that neck on it. It's a very good choice.

Sorry to hear about the chips. Good thing they aren't out in the middle of the top where you'd see them all the time.

Rgand said:
I like that neck on it. It's a very good choice.

Sorry to hear about the chips. Good thing they aren't out in the middle of the top where you'd see them all the time.

I'm really happy with the neck choice as well, fits really well with the more subdued pink. While I was in the planning phase for this build, I actually saw a Warmoth build on Reddit that was really close to what I wanted...and so I pretty much copied it.

od2mrDk.jpg

Axkoa said:
I also managed to chip the paint already last night, accidentally got the jack socket stuck and tried getting it out with pliers, I'm dumb :doh: I found the pieces of paint that chipped off and super glued them back on but it's still annoying. Though it gives it character right? And I don't have to worry about making the first dent now.
Right you are, now it's been christened. And don't feel too bad about it, we've all done similar stuff. As for myself, I put a chip in the lower horn of my first build, a Strat with a Blk-Red-Ylw burst. I was taking it off the drill press table, and smacked it into the bit. I used a little dab of model paint, and now you can't see it unless you're looking. You'll always know your chip is there, but nobody else will notice!  :glasses9:

Pickups arrived! Now to spend the afternoon putting everything together. They feel so well made so I'm super excited to hear how they sound.

5zy1Ww8.jpg

Back