Shaving Warmoth Neck

vp101

Hi All,

First time poster here.

I bought a Warmoth Vintage strat body some months ago and would like to buy a new neck to attach to it. The problem I have is that I don't see a neck that would be the perfect size for me. Ideally, I'd like a 1 5/8 nut width with some amount of heft. Hence, what I am considering is getting a boatneck and then shaving the neck down to a point where I find it comfortable. Is this advisable? Has anyone shaved their warmoth neck down?

Curious to know what you folks think of this.

Thanks

There are people who have done this. I have a 59 profile to shape down a little on my list of things to do at some point.

It will invalidate your warranty if you care about such things.  Other than that it takes some work to do.

You may consider a neck from USACG. That's what I put on my Warmoth Soloist body. They cut the neck to almost any shape & thickness you want. For this application, I wanted something thinner than Warmoth's Standard Thin, but not as thin as their Wizard neck. I got exactly what I wanted.

vp101 said:
Ideally, I'd like a 1 5/8 nut width with some amount of heft. Hence, what I am considering is getting a boatneck and then shaving the neck down to a point where I find it comfortable.

Sounds like a 1-5/8" with a 59 Roundback profile to me.  :dontknow:

You mean my baritone ... aw crap, all the frets are in the way.

Back