Share your pickups

musicispeace

I had this dream that it seemed like there were 1500 people winding pickups these days and then in the dream I woke up and it was 1978 again and there was only Dimarzio and Seymour. Whew, that was scary. But seriously, there is the double edged sword of a lot to sort through/a lot of options these days. It would be interesting to know what "go to" pickups are in members "go to" guitars (or on their whole collection of guitars and basses)

For me:

Klein Epic series single coils and PAF
Zhangbucker Paul Bunyan single coils and Duanebucker humbucker
Harmonic Design STP

(And those wise and knowing moderators, if this should be in the Pickups section let me know)

Bill Lawrence L-90's on my ASAT Deluxe (4/8Henry)
Klein custom tapped A2/A3 Tele set on my 1st warmoth
Bill Lawrence L600's on my Superhawk (3.6/6.2H)
TV Jones Classic/Classic+ on my Warmoth cab
Squier/Tonerider A3 pickups, with a custom baseplate on the bridge, in my G&L S500
and I have another set of Wilde/Lawrence's on the way. L45/L200/L290 set for a Legacy

Mayfly said:
Lollar on everything.

Ah, some local fare. (or one of them) Nice stuff and I pass right by the Lollar shop in one of my foot path shortcuts in Tacoma. In WA state we also have Wolfetone, TV Jones, and Righteous Sound. Probably others.

I've got Seymour's on most of my guitars. Gibsons on my SG and Les Paul Standard, EMGs oj two, and Lace Alumitones are going in my Warmoth build.

My go-to choice would be Seymour Duncans.

Ok let's see.

Late eighties Hamer Chapparal Custom. OBLs in HSS configuration.
Fender Yngwie Strat, Di Marzio HS3s
Fender Blackmore Strat, Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders.
Musicman Steve Morse, 4 Di Marzios, which are the stock configuration Morse Humbuckers and proprietary single coils.
Gibson Les Paul Standard  2015 Sprint Run.    Burstbucker Pros

Below put together by myself.

Fender Telecaster, Mystic Red and Maple neck genuine US Fender Parts, Callaham bridge with Joe Barden Nashville pickups. Basically they are a set of Gattons with an S Deluxe in the middle.

Warmoth Purple to clear burst Strat, Kinman Woodstock Plus set with K9 Harness
Warmoth Natural Tea stain Tele,  Seymour Duncan Vintage Noiseless neck and bridge.
Warmoth upside down Hendrix type Strat ( still in progress ) Callaham Fralin H/SRV Specials

Bass some sort of Squier. No idea what the pickups are. I might at some point refret with stainless steel and swap out the pickups.

Generally unless I intend to make something, most of my pickups over the years have been left stock.

I haven't a guitar with non-stock pickups in it yet. But sometime next year when I plan to build my first Warmoth guitar I plan on using a set of House of Tones Steel House Humbuckers.

This thread is great. It's a cornucopia of information about pickups.
Perfect since I too are looking for pickups to my future Warmoth guitar.
I'm now off to check out House of Tones.

The ones in my Fender Super-Sonic are Fender Atomic, which supposedly people compare to Seymour Duncan JB.
I've got an Ibanez S-Classic with their own brand pickups in them.
In a nutshell - nothing exciting.

I have three electric guitars (all Warmoth HH strats) and all have pickups from different companies.

1. Magenta burst flame top over swamp ash with goncalo/ebony neck has DiMarzio PAF 36th and Bluesbucker.
2. Red dye flame top over swamp ash with roasted maple neck has Seymour Duncan 59Tb and Jazz.
3. Amber dye flame top over alder with goncalo/ebony neck and floyd has Tom Anderson H2 and H3 (i think).

I think the first pickups I think about is DiMarzio. Would like one more guitar just to enjoy the brilliance of DiMarzio PAF Pro again. Had them in an old Kramer Imperial partscaster long ago.

Bare Knuckle:
  Yardbird (Tele)

The Creamery:
  Alt 88's with a custom wound Double Track to match (HSS Strat)
  Sonic 60's (Strat)
  Hum-90's

Lollar:
  Vintage T's

Seymour Duncan:
  59/Custom Hybrid and 59 (Tele)

Some of the many pickup manufacturers all over the world are in this list:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/unofficial-pickup-directory.1687627/#post-21657130

Kostas said:
Some of the many pickup manufacturers all over the world are in this list:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/unofficial-pickup-directory.1687627/#post-21657130

Brilliant! Thanks for this.  :icon_thumright:

What I've got in my axes:
Strat: Fender Vintage Noiseless (1st gen)
VIP: EMG 81X/85X in Chrome
Jazz Bass: stock Squier "60s vibe" for now. Likely to change by this time next year.

All Strats:

1: Gibson 498T. Dimarzio Area67. Dimarzio HS-3.
2: Dunacan JB.  Dimarzio HS-3.
3: Dimarzio AT-1.  Dimarzio PAF Pro.
4: Dimarzio AT-1.  Lace Sensor Golds.
5: EMG SAs.
6: EMG 85X.  EMG SAXs.
7: Duncan Antiquity (Surfers).  Roadhouse Special in bridge.  (It appears from the website that Roadhouse
    doesn't make these anymore?)
8: (On Order) BareKnuckle Rebel Yell and Slowhands.

For humbuckers: Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon and JB.
For single coils, Dimarzio Injector, Area 61, and Area 67.
For "hot rail" style single-coil size at the bridge position: Dimarzio Super Distortion-S. 

I've got SD Blackouts in both my 7&8 strings, EMG 81/85 in my Schecter C1 Platinum, and Schecter pickups in my C1 FR. I'm going to be using Kiesel Lithiums in my Warmoth Soloist.

My Warmoth strat that my father is using has a Dimarzio Tone Zone/Air Norton set. It's probably my favorite set as I've used it 4 guitars that have since moved on.

Good to see the Area's and other quiet strat pickups are making people happy. I am taking note.....

Warmoth Telepaul: HH - BKP Rebel Yells matched set
Warmoth Strat: HSS BKP Holy Diver / Irish Tour matched set
Warmoth JM: HH: Sustainiac / DiMarzio Evo-2

Absolutely love the BKPs, they are perfect for each of their respective instruments.  Definitely not enjoying the Evo-2 in my JM anymore though.  Sounds a little all over the place / lacking in personality.  Going to have to put in some kind of high output BKP HB in there at some point...  I used to have a DiMarzio Air Classic in the neck position in that guitar before I swapped it for the Sustainiac.  That was a pretty nice HB - but the Sustainiac is definitely staying put.

Back