Semi hollow guitar build finished!

Rik

Hi, I just finished the guitar I was working on for really long now. Got a nice sun in between rainy weather today to make some pics and a video. Tought you guys might be interested:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=727709947890228

Attachments

• CELLAR-Semi 2021-03-13 at 23.44.04.png
    CELLAR-Semi 2021-03-13 at 23.44.04.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 311
Thanks!  This is my “over the top” experiment. Generally guitarist like a bit of bling, but this is pretty much the full pull within what is "bling acceptable". At least in my opinion

Very Nice, Kudo's to you on the job. The shape is interesting, it's so hard to come up with something unusual anymore. Seems like everything has been done before. Really like the f-holes. As I said though, great work, Congrat's................ :icon_thumright:

Thanks a lot!! I have been working on this one in evening and weekend hours over the years. So really happy to hear it's appreciated. Coming up with a new shape was quite a challenge indeed. you want it to be clearly different, but still recognisable and acceptable. If you're into retro this is already pretty "weird" I recon.

For me this was an experiment, and as an experiment I built it all for my self! I do not think I would sell this one in case anyone was interested to buy it. Just too much time and effort (love!) went into this one. (But maybe everything has it's price ;))

Also the insides of the top and the back have a similar clean carve as the outside. I'm not even sure why I did that. No one will see it, won't make a real difference for the sound, but I know it's there :D

Some more pictures!

Attachments

• CELLAR-SEMI00.png
    CELLAR-SEMI00.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 158
(I can't seem to ad more than 1 pic per post ;))

Attachments

• CELLAR-SEMI01.png
    CELLAR-SEMI01.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 128
7/7 and a little video on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=727709947890228

Attachments

• CELLAR-SEMI06.png
    CELLAR-SEMI06.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
Kind of has a Languedoc thing going on. Beautiful. Maybe I missed earlier posts, but are there any Warmoth parts on this (the neck, maybe?) or is it completely custom? Either way, what a stunner.

Back