Selling Schaller Vintage and 2000 trems:

Mapleg4

I'd like to see Warmoth start selling these trems, possibly also with an option for a both a recessed and a non-recessed routing for the Vintage trem and with or without the angled neck routing you need for the non-recessed Floyd.

stratamania said:
The "vintage" trem would probably work reasonably well in the non-fine tuner Floyd rout.

I think there is more material routed than is needed for the Schaller as the intonation screws on the Schaller do not protrude from the base plate as they do on the NFT Floyd.

I could route as needed on the Non-recessed route to allow the Schaller to pull sharp, but I pull no more that 1.5 steps on the G string anyway, and I think there may be enough clearance with the thickness of the fingerboard and SS6115 fretwire to provide that.

I'm not sure what's going on there. I've installed one of those vibratos on two of my guitars, and one I had to plug/redrill the stud mount holes, and the other I didn't. When you look it up, the Warmoth site says the bushing holes are drilled for 9mm, but the Schaller diagrams call for a 10mm hole. Yet, on the one I had to plug, the holes were too big, which is the opposite of what you'd expect. 

Cagey said:
I'm not sure what's going on there. I've installed one of those vibratos on two of my guitars, and one I had to plug/redrill the stud mount holes, and the other I didn't. When you look it up, the Warmoth site says the bushing holes are drilled for 9mm, but the Schaller diagrams call for a 10mm hole. Yet, on the one I had to plug, the holes were too big, which is the opposite of what you'd expect.

Might be worth the extra $10 to just send the studs in for them to install.

Maybe. Might want to warn them about the potential discrepancy. The two I have were previously owned, so I don't know the details there. The only reason I knew what they were routed for was by measuring stud spacing.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
stratamania said:
The "vintage" trem would probably work reasonably well in the non-fine tuner Floyd rout.

I think there is more material routed than is needed for the Schaller as the intonation screws on the Schaller do not protrude from the base plate as they do on the NFT Floyd.

I could route as needed on the Non-recessed route to allow the Schaller to pull sharp, but I pull no more that 1.5 steps on the G string anyway, and I think there may be enough clearance with the thickness of the fingerboard and SS6115 fretwire to provide that.

Yes, probably but it would fit perhaps with more space than preferred.

Per the studs, the "vintage" would mount either onto studs provided with it or on the ones Warmoth stocks for Floyds.

Back