Schaller Trems: "Vintage Tremolo" vs. "Tremolo 2000" - What's the differnece?

zebra

Hello,

Anyone aware of key differneces between these two trems?

All I can figure from the website is that the "Tremolo 2000" is "super-flat" (which I would read as "low-profile) with "exchangeable knife edges" (I have no idea how to differentiate between what I suppose would be "non-exchangeable" and "exchangeqble" knife edges").

Larger context here:  Looking for a 2-point trem with roller saddles. I'm drawn to the Schaller products, because, from what I hear, they are designed and built well.  Also considering installing roller saddles on other trems (esp. Hipshot's Contour Trem).  What can I say?  I'm hung-up on not getting hung-up!  :tard:

Appreciate any insight you folks might have!

Thanks Stratomania!

I saw that thread you referenced before posting, and having re-read it, I figure it's more a matter of routing and fit (the type of trem it's supposed to replace) than anything related to function.  Since I'm choosing a trem before ordering a body, I could go in either direction.  Good to know!

I see what you mean in addition to rout sizes are there functional differences. So some further thoughts.

The Vintage fitting a Floyd space rout is wider between the posts and has roller saddles that adjust for intonation.

The 2000, also has roller saddles but I believe they can also be adjusted sideways.

I quite like the wider spacing between the posts of Floyd type bridges as for me they feel perhaps a little more stable with that wider base. But I also use standard type tremolos.

The sideways adjust of the 2000 could help with less than optimum neck alignment. (Though with Warmoth you are not likely to run into that)

Also if using the vintage,  you need a Floyd cut for the pick guard, if using one, for it to fit.

Back