Schaller GTM tune o matic bridge

Casperov

Hi, I purchased a mooncaster body a while ago and a schaller tune o matic GTM bridge. I had the normal TOM holes pre-drilled into my body but when I opened up the bridge, they had included a little wheel mount with a very small insert that doesn't fit into the hole. Being a Fender player mostly, I really am not versed in Tune-o-matics. Is there a conversion piece I can buy that will connect to the bridge and fit into the bridge holes of my guitar? I can provide more info too. Schaller's website was really not clear on what part I might need or might work. Thanks everyone. This is my 3rd warmoth build.

Edit to add: I bought the schaller stuff direct from them in Germany.

There are three options of mounts that the GTM bridges can be ordered with. M5, M8 or M4, which do you have?

Rather than adapters, you might find it easier just to order the appropriate TOM and studs from Warmoth.

Last edited:
There are three options of mounts that the GTM bridges can be ordered with. M5, M8 or M4, which do you have?

Rather than adapters, you might find it easier just to order the appropriate TOM and studs from Warmoth.
I have the M5. I'll contact schaller and warmoth too, but do you know if the M8 screw fits into the compression fit inserts that come with the schaller tailpiece?

I have the M5. I'll contact schaller and warmoth too, but do you know if the M8 screw fits into the compression fit inserts that come with the schaller tailpiece?

Not that I am aware of, the tailpiece is 5/16" I believe.

You can get others from Schaller.

General note to anyone reading: Figure out the parts specs and dimensions for your builds in the planning stage.

Back