scalloping

I think half scalloping is just scalloping the bottom half of the fretboard. If you've got a light touch, and want to do some weird bends, I guess it could be nice. I think tuning is a concern otherwise.

no its not, half scalloping is 12th fret to 22 or 24th, it is used in conjunction with jumbo frets, it helps playing fast and makes it easier to do sweeps and stuff, if you have a heavy touch chords can go sharp easily, its good for players with a light touch, ive never tried it myself, but id like to.

rounce55 said:
do u know if it is hard to get used to?

I wouldn't say it's necessarily hard to get used to just...different. It's a whole different feel and whether for you it's good or bad, it gives you a lot more control over your playing. I love the feel of vibrato on a scalloped neck but, I really gotta work on my technique if I wanted to own one. I tend to be fairly heavy-handed.

rounce55 said:
so half scalloping refers to how "deep" its scalloped?

No, it refers to half of the fretboard being scalloped. IE: 12-22 or 12-24 as was said in this very thread. The board doesn't need to be scalloped much at all to feel the difference.

Back