Sanding a Swamp Ash Body

There is nothing showing up in your post as to what it looks like.

Perhaps contact Wudtone, about whether you need more tint.

stratamania said:
If you have a small dent they can often be removed by taking a damp cloth applying it to the body where the dent is and then heating the cloth with an clothes iron to steam the dent out.

This is preferable to sanding a dent. A dent is compressed wood fibres and sanding will not decompress the fibres just remove them eventually and then you are left with a hole.

Instead of a clothes iron, I use a soldering iron to apply the heat.  It’s a lot more ergonomic to use on a small dent than a clothes iron.  You can get the heat directly on the dent.  Then move it back and forth slightly over the dent and damp cloth.  You don’t need to apply much pressure.  It will raise the dent in a short time, no more than 30 seconds to a minute is often enough.

Bill, tgo

Lbpesq said:
stratamania said:
If you have a small dent they can often be removed by taking a damp cloth applying it to the body where the dent is and then heating the cloth with an clothes iron to steam the dent out.

This is preferable to sanding a dent. A dent is compressed wood fibres and sanding will not decompress the fibres just remove them eventually and then you are left with a hole.

Instead of a clothes iron, I use a soldering iron to apply the heat.  It’s a lot more ergonomic to use on a small dent than a clothes iron.  You can get the heat directly on the dent.  Then move it back and forth slightly over the dent and damp cloth.  You don’t need to apply much pressure.  It will raise the dent in a short time, no more than 30 seconds to a minute is often enough.

Bill, tgo

I am aware of this method also, though for someone who has not done so before the clothes type iron maybe easier to operate.

Back