Rosewood Tele Complete

I wish all you pros would leave my obsessive brain some free time!

Well, better this than... Nevermind.

I have been toying with the idea of a rosewood tele, but I am not sure if I want chambered or unchambered, with fralins of Kinnmans...
Could you perhaps post a couple sound clips to help me out a bit?

Micahbell said:
I have been toying with the idea of a rosewood tele, but I am not sure if I want chambered or unchambered, with fralins of Kinnmans...
Could you perhaps post a couple sound clips to help me out a bit?

Here's a short clip of just the neck pickup through a 77 Deluxe Reverb (sorry about the buzz... amp needs a little attention). A little blues noodling - nothing fancy...

http://www.soundclick.com/britishbluesboy

hi guys!
i have always wanted a rosewood tele. i am a lefty, and live in brooklyn,n.y. if i get the body and neck finished in gloss, and warmouth pre-drills the holes, is it relatively easy to assemble,..or should i bring it to someone ?
also, how much do they charge to spray it ?
thank you all,
    tommy

wow, nice sound clip! that rrosewood sure has loads of bottom end :icon_thumright: it sure is a great idea to combine the legendary snappy tone of a tele with the warm, round dark sound of rosewood. what a sweet combination!

Tommyga, welcome.
1. It's pretty easy to assemble, though if you're not handy at all, and don't have the right tools, you could have someone assemble it for you. Warmoth doesn't do all the drilling, for example you've got to drill your own pickguard holes, just fyi.
2. what do you mean 'spray it' , if you already have Warmoth finish it in gloss?
3. Check the website for lots more information about painting, parts, etc.
4. Must post pictures of the completed guitar!

hi tfarny.
can you tell me what i have to be specific about(fret wire, fretboard radius) when ordering from warmouth? i am looking for the george let it be guitar. i think the radius is 7 1/2, no? whatever the 70's fender strats were. and, when i mentioned spraying, i meant the high gloss coating.
thanks buddy, i really do appreciate your help.
  respectfully yours,
    tommy

Well, the informations are there in the website... but:
If you are going to buy a Total Vintage, it would be the 7-1/4"... If you would go for Vintage Modern or Warmoth Pro (the best choice, you keep the look of the vintage without the need to take the neck off the body to adjust the truss rod
s-shock.gif
) It's compound 10" thru 16"... But you can get anyone straight between 9" and 16"  for $35, which is a good deal! Try to play with a 7-1/4" before you order it (if you have not made it)...
The paint coast is:
body: Clear Gloss or Clear Satin $170.00
neck: don't need it in rosewood, in deed, I think they doesn't paint rosewood neck... but you should not paint, because it would be easier to play...

it's not totally nessesary to paint rosewood. it's totally up to you, and your wallet!

do ya want an exact repro of harison guitar or a better modern version?

yes vintage fender is 7-1/4" radius, this is only available on total vintage necks. warmoth 10-16" compound = lower action and no buzz or fretting out with bends, and is cheaper. available on vintage modern and pro necks.

vintage modern neck has headstock adjustment for the truss rod, harisons tele likely had a heal adjusted rod. the total vintage is like.

i do not know if his had the skunk stripe or not, total vitage/vintage modern neck has the stripe, warmoth pro does not.

warmoth pro neck side adjuster for the trus rod, unfortunately for you, is not available for lefties. so unless your a real purist i'd sugest vintage modern. no need to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod, and slightly cheaper.

1-5/8" nut with is vintage fender, some like the 1-11/16" better.
stainless frets rock! the 6230 size, ss or nickel silver would be the vintage but the 6130, 6105 and ss6105 are popular on modern instraments.

and specify your tuners. that's about it for the neck

the body is easy. normal tele pickup route, vintage bridge route unless you want a modern brige for proper intoantion, top routed tele control route. and then 1 2 or 3 peice body, warning a one peice body will be quite expensive. this is not going to be a cheap guitar! not as pricey as a high end gibson or prs but not cheap. it's worth it though as warmoth quality is the best.

easy to assemble? well can you solder, can you setup your own trussrod? can you set the intonation and string height?

yes warmoth parts have a great fit and finnish and assembly is very easy, very little drilling, but a guitar is only as good as it's setup and a curcuit is only as good as the weakest solder joint.

I have to say, the more I play this thing the more I am am totally in love with it. It really is absolutely stunning - both to look at and to play. I own five other Telecasters, a beautiful old Strat and a '72 335 and I've barely touched any of them since I completed this build. It really is that good.

Cheers!

BBB.

Just picked it up from Main Drag Music here in Brooklyn NY after a final set up, new bone nut and a fret dressing (although it didn't need much - just the fret ends smoothed off a bit). This thing is really outstanding!!!! Warmoth does really great work!!

Just finished a couple of final tweaks... I was feeling like it was a little too bright sounding, a little ice-picky and harsh in the bridge pickup so I swapped out the 0.22 cap I had originally used for a 0.47 one. It's now warm and full and delicious in the neck, as expected, and ballsy and brash and full in the bridge but without the harshness. I also rubbed down the back of  the neck with some fine wire wool as the skunk stripe was sitting a little proud of the rest of the neck (there's no finish on the neck so no worries there)... Now she's absolutely, definitely and completely finished. Am still totally in love with this guitar. It's just perfect...

Back