Rosewood LP in the Showcase

jalbertochavez

Did y'all see this? I think I may be one of a rare breed that doesn't like Rosewood, but for those who do this has gotta be pretty cool.

The $1,150 price tag for the body might not be as cool. Is it worth it? Y'all be the judges. Either way, definitely a standout body.

RLW said:
6.5 pounds. My 52 year old back can't handle that.

I'm pretty sure my misaligned, 25 year old neck can't handle it either.......most importantly my wallet couldn't handle it.

ALSO, the neck they recommend is $849. Pretty steep if anyone gets both, but that neck sure is made for that body.

im seventeen, with lower back problems, and neck stiffness, but for some reason i still play an all mahogany bass.  :dontknow:

That body and neck when built completely out are still going to be at least $500 less than the cheapest LP from the Gibson Custom Shop, and will look better than than their $5K + offerings...

jalbertochavez said:
Did y'all see this? I think I may be one of a rare breed that doesn't like Rosewood, but for those who do this has gotta be pretty cool.

The $1,150 price tag for the body might not be as cool. Is it worth it? Y'all be the judges. Either way, definitely a standout body.

No, you're not alone. I too am a non-conformist when it comes to rosewood.However sometimes rare pieces do emurge I still prefer maple and other exotics...
Example:http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?action=post;quote=27113;topic=2610.0;num_replies=14;sesc=0c2e6413097495c7e80e9cf6be0974f4

jackthehack said:
That body and neck when built completely out are still going to be at least $500 less than the cheapest LP from the Gibson Custom Shop, and will look better than than their $5K + offerings...

True.

jackthehack said:
agreed...... :guitarplayer2:

oddly enough this one is heavier.

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP84&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
oddly enough this one is heavier.

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=LPCP84&menuItem=4&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Well, at the moment we're talkin' about empty bodies. Imagine how much it'd weigh when it's complete.

I'd happily play a guitar that heavy if I could afford it.  If I stumble upon a few hundred K before that body leaves the showcase, I'll buy it.  Seth Lovers and the Brazilian LP neck.  It would be an amazing guitar.

dbw said:
I'd happily play a guitar that heavy if I could afford it.  If I stumble upon a few hundred K before that body leaves the showcase, I'll buy it.  Seth Lovers and the Brazilian LP neck.  It would be an amazing guitar.

Hummm I think it would be TOO bassy... the Seth Lover is a very bassy pickup, with a full rosewood LP, don't know if would be ok...

Looks like they're really doin' alot w/ Rosewood. Check this Tele.

However, this is more my style. And for $650 it's not too bad, compared to those Rosewood bodies.
I say the control plate and the bridge should be the only things coverin' up wood this good. I know I could never bring myself to cover stuff like this up with a pickguard.

Back