''Roadworn" Cabronita

Great Ape

Swamp Ash Body
Maple/Maple Neck, 59 roundback, 6150 frets
TV Jones Powertron & Powertron Plus Pickups
Axetreme Creations Pickguard
Ethos Brands Strap

Yes. I dyed the body with TransTint light brown/amber, then 3 coats of General Finishes 'Linen' milk paint, then sanded back in spots to the dyed finish...final finish is 3 coats of wipe-on satin poly.

Looking amazing as per usual. Love the neck on that thing, no fancy curly stuff to it.

vetteman said:
Cool guitar!  But I ain't so sure about that strap..............

Hey! I really like that strap! Now my feelings are hurt...seriously though, check out the Ethos Brands
website-they really do make some gorgeous leather straps.
And thanks for the kind words.

Relax, my hairy friend.... just sayin' that strap looks waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too new.  Now, maybe if you drag it on the ground for a couple of days or attack it with a belt sander it would look more natural.  ;)

vetteman said:
Relax, my hairy friend.... just sayin' that strap looks waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too new.  Now, maybe if you drag it on the ground for a couple of days or attack it with a belt sander it would look more natural.  ;)

Gotcha! I tied it to the bumper of my truck last night...and today--ROAD TRIP!

... and suddenly 'belt sander' gets a second meaning as a device dedicated to creating a road worn look on leather belts and straps... I sense a market opportunity....

ByteFrenzy said:
... and suddenly 'belt sander' gets a second meaning as a device dedicated to creating a road worn look on leather belts and straps... I sense a market opportunity....

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

...I don' need no stinkin' belt sander! That's all hand sanding--pretty damn impressive, ain't it?

Back