Road Warrior Double Neck (Inspired by Mad Max Fury Road Flamethrower)

Doner Designs

Wood parts for our next charity project. Double-neck guitar/bass inspired by the Mad Max Fury Road flamethrower doubleneck. It won't be a replica. We want to make it our own interpretation.

Body and neck weigh 10 lbs. Add the guitar/bass parts and it's 15 lbs. When finished it will probably be 20+ pounds.

Would love to include a real flamethrower or propane blowtorch but am concerned about getting sued. People win frivolous suits all the time. Probably won't risk it.

Nordstrand pickups will include a Bonecrusher and a Shush Puppy on the guitar side. For the bass it will be a Power Blade P and a Zen Blade soapbar.

Bridges are Babicz, tuners are Hipshot.

Warhead headstocks of course!

The design will evolve over time. Probably a 1-3 year project.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 385
sweeet. I'm in the process of building one of these too! I didn't get the bass part routed by warmoth because I wasn't sure what I wanted and was a bit impatient to get the body, as I'm doing a lot of other mods on it. I noticed you have another spot routed out for a pickup closer to the bridge. mine was just going to have the p90 pickups as most p basses are like that. Why did you add that third one in? Cause if it makes it that much heavier, I'm gonna steal your style!!!

koots55 said:
sweeet. I'm in the process of building one of these too! I didn't get the bass part routed by warmoth because I wasn't sure what I wanted and was a bit impatient to get the body, as I'm doing a lot of other mods on it. I noticed you have another spot routed out for a pickup closer to the bridge. mine was just going to have the p90 pickups as most p basses are like that. Why did you add that third one in? Cause if it makes it that much heavier, I'm gonna steal your style!!!

Thanks! We went with two pickups per side instead of three each to leave more room for the theme aspects that we will be adding related to the flamethrower, etc. Most of my personal basses have three pickups with four to six separately operable coils when doing coil splits.

Truthfully the reason for no using just one pickup on the bass side is that I have been dying to try a Nordstrand Zen Blade pickup which is a sidewinder design. Otherwise we would have just gone with a single P pickup. It also allows us to showcase four different pickups for the benefit of Nordstrand which helps us out on the cost for our charity projects.

There's not a lot of real estate available for us to do crazy stuff so I might regret doing more than one pickup per side. Time will tell. We'll make it work.

I would be interested to see what you come up with. You don't see that many doublenecks and usually they are double guitars. For us the guitar and bass combo will also help with the promotion because we can go after both bass and guitar publications with press releases, etc.

this is what I got going on so far. Still waiting on the last pieces of hardware to come in the mail then I can get to routing and putting it all together.

i had someone finish the body and they did a poor job so I'm redoing it which is why it looks so ashy. But will be all black with all chrome hardware. thinking about putting a few switches on it for different combinations and whatnot as I will more than likely put another output so I can run each instrument to it's own amp

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 283
Back