Rick's LP

R

RLW

My best friend's LP that we finished a while back...

IM000717.jpg

IM000721.jpg

IM000719.jpg

IM000716.jpg

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is the most amazing birdseye I've EVER saw!
Cr@p!!!!
How many A's have you asked in the order???

Beyond beautiful!

We decided to not install a truss rod cover because it would have covered up a dozen or so birdseyes! I got if off the showcase for a LPS project, when I saw how beautiful it went with the body he bought I had to let him have it.

RLW, you're trully an angel....

(would be necessary about an army to take off this neck of my hands...  :icon_biggrin:)

WOW... that's one nice plank!!    Really like the top figure & the natural binding.    The birdseye neck is o.k.... assuming you like peeing your pants everytime you open the case...       

Love that top and finish! I'm not really a fan of maple necks, but that certainly was very spotty.

/KB

WOW!!!!!!    Man, that one sure is a Masterpiece...dang!!!!    Great build RLW.  :icon_thumright:

By the way, if anyone else decides to use Waverly tuners, here's a hint. Throw out the screws that come with them and buy some stainless steel Phillips-head screws. The screws that Stew-Mac ships with the Waverly's appear to be made from lead. We're talking seriously cheap crap. The tuners themselves are great, they fit the Kluson holes perfectly.

Love the body, but the neck looks like it has a skin disease.

What kind of pickups in there?

Unbelievable!  :eek:ccasion14:

Did you just order a AAAAA birdseye neck and get that? It wasn't on the Showcase or I would have been compelled to buy it and design a build around it.

Whoa, Rich, I  don't even know what to tell you I like best about that thing.  I mean there's the crazy birdseye, the insane top...I guess I'll just say that I have always loved amber knobs...  :laughing3:

jackthehack said:
Unbelievable!  :eek:ccasion14:

Did you just order a AAAAA birdseye neck and get that? It wasn't on the Showcase or I would have been compelled to buy it and design a build around it.

It was a showcase neck, but I bought it about a year ago. The finish is called Clear to brownburst (I think...), pickups are '57 Classics, and I haven't really played it enough to have an opinion on the tone. To be honest, it ain't really completely wired yet, one of the tone knobs isn't hooked up.

What made you go for the waverlys? Is that a historical thing or trying something new?

hey dude,

gotta admit the neck looks gorgeous.

what body is that? did you get it off the showcase as well? its gorgeous too!

tfarny said:
What made you go for the waverlys? Is that a historical thing or trying something new?

Chrome tuners looked kind of cheap, and yes, I just wanted something a little different. I think they look pretty good on the W headstock. They match the pickup rings, too. Well, almost. It's close enough for me.

That was a showcase body, believe it or not, it was a factory second. Took me over 2 hours to find the "flaw" on the back, you have to hold it at just the right angle in just the right light to even notice it. I honestly didn't like the finish at first, but it's grown on me.

lucky you!! i've been waiting for a showcase piece like that but finally decided on a white korina for my 1st build.

hope they have another one like that soon. good one!

Thanks so much for the replys.  The funny thing is they're both bridge PU's so it's fairly bright and chrispy clear.  The neck PU tone knob is going to be replaced wirh a veri-tone.  For some reason the one we had didn't work so I had them install the pot to fill up the hole.  Rich is right about one thing, stainless frets are great!  The thang wails!!!!!!!

Back