"Resolve": An ambient song

Verne Bunsen

Hello all!

I've been getting lost in ambient guitar of late, and have been working on taking simple ideas as far as I can. This song is my first attempt at structuring and developing such an idea in ambient style. I am really enjoying this and hope there will be more to come. The song was played on my Warmoth Black-Yellow Burst Thinline loaded with Lollar'Trons. It was performed and recorded in one continuous take using a Boomerang III Looper. And enough delays and reverbs to brown out the neighborhood....

Thanks for listening, enjoy!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/vb-tunes/resolve?in=vb-tunes/sets/ambient-guitar[/soundcloud]

Dude that was RIGHT up my alley.  I love music that I can lose myself in.  Especially these days.  Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you, Frank! I hold your work in very high regard, and take a compliment from you as a high compliment indeed! I am happy that you enjoyed it.

Very nice sound & atmosphere. That is a good tune. Keep on doing :icon_thumright:

Gorgeous!  Really beautiful sounds and ambient is the perfect descriptor.  Your guitar sounds fantastic!

i just joined the forum a few days ago and I hadn't spotted this sub-forum until now. I have to go in and gradually hear all of these; this is just lovely. The tone...it's wonderful. So much of what I run into on Youtube with people looping is just awful! This restores my faith in guitar players.  :toothy10:

it was worth it to join just for this sub-forum!

Great work.

Thank you! The Lollar'Trons are such wonderful pickups, they sound great no matter what you do with them.

They have a great reputation, but I have never been able to afford them. Man, they sound great there; perfect for that song. The delays sound really good too; were you using a lot of different things there?

Yeah, they are proud of them for sure. I initially bought a pair and put them in an ES-137 I used to have. I pulled them out some time later to install in this guitar and decided at that time to route it for the third. I don't know if I could have convinced myself to buy all three at once, haha!

There is kind of a lot going on in this song as far as effects go. My rig is built around a Line6 Helix. I'm using their Deluxe Reverb amp model (it's the only one I use) and recording in stereo direct via USB. There is a Meris Mercury7 reverb and two Helix delays (Transistor Tape and Adriatic) going throughout the whole song, and the Mercury7 also provides the decaying pitch effect toward the end. The drone and swell sounds come from a Strymon BigSky and TimeLine, along with an Earthquaker Devices Organizer on the swells. The melody uses a vibrato effect in Helix. I used a Boomerang III looper for the looping and it also produced the half-speed effect at the end. Lotta tap dancing  :laughing7: 

So, basically the answer to my question is "yes".  :icon_biggrin: I kind of figured that was the case. Still, with so many people pumping out garbage, it's nice to see a ton of gear actually used to good purpose. The whole thing sounds gorgeous.

Thanks for the detailed response.

Back