Request - Please show all that VW bodies disappeared from showcase.

Many people that buy from Warmoth are not on this board; but you can bet if any of the guys here bought those you will wind up seeing pics soon...

Here's one, just bought it about 15 minutes ago.
I'm somewhat of a traditionalist (boring). Mahogany/flame maple.

Attachments

• VW79a.jpg
    VW79a.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 335
Does this amount to a fire sale on VW bodies which heralds their discontinuation? I bought the above body-mahogany/flame maple/contour heel-a $340 body for $139! Is the VW a thing of the past?

? $139? I would have bought that... Probably a customer return on a custom order, has a small flaw or a mistake on the website which occasionally happens, you made out like a bandit, hadn't heard any plan to discontinue, but based on stock on Showcase that body style doesn't seem to move....

jackthehack said:
? $139? I would have bought that... Probably a customer return on a custom order, has a small flaw or a mistake on the website which occasionally happens, you made out like a bandit, hadn't heard any plan to discontinue, but based on stock on Showcase that body style doesn't seem to move....

Yep, check the body feed, the headline is still up there, though the link goes to a "sold" page.

Holy Shit! Don't know what's going on, but all VW finished bodies are cut to $199-$225!!! Wasn't planning on doing a VW build,

VW.jpg

Oops! Hit Post instead of preview; couldn't pass up the Honey Burst AAAAA Quilt for $225! Should look great with ebony fretboard and all black hradware... Surprised anything's left... Y'all asleep or what???

It's been going on like that for 3 days. That honey burst is a beauty, I nearly bought that one, but I held out for a carved top.
Ebony board w/abalone, no doubt.

OMG!
Yesterday there were 16 bodies, the more i look at showcase the more bodies are disappearing, now there're only 6 (!) bodies.
What's happening?
I'm also a little disappointed, Warmoth is making a lot of discounts on these bodies and i ordered my VW body for 635$ !!!
Meanwhile bodies with same features are flying away for half price.
I know i ordered my custom body with custom features (but only natural binding and contoured heel) but there's so much difference in price!  :sad:

The showcase has had the same two left hand bodies for months. Tell me about disappointed :binkybaby: :binkybaby: :binkybaby: :sad1:

There's like four hundred painted Strat bodies or so, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of them in the discount bin soon. I wonder if Warmoth went crazy painting bodies for Christmas, then found out the hard way that people buy Warmoth for themselves, not for Christmas presents for other people?

Well, if is going out of production, Warmoth could begin to make the Wolfgang body, which is much more beautiful!  :icon_biggrin:

I hope a Warmoth employee will inform us if this body is going out of production. As far as I know, Warmoth is the only company to offer this body curved. I love the curved ones but there were never many of them in the showcase to choose from... So many f@ckin' strats  :icon_scratch:

There us still the option of the VW body in the website, but no more bodies in showcase...
Warmoth guys, will have any change on this?
Or are you waiting for fender lauch that Wolfgangished guitar that Eddie have been playing?

Back