RED DEVIL SOLOIST

dmraco

Master Member
Here is my official 3rd Warmoth.  A Black Korina soloist and a quilt maple top.  Birdseye maple neck with vintage tint and quilted headstock.

This is the 1st one I have had Warmoth finish for me and I could not be happier.      I almost like the black korina finish better than the maple!!This one will have all black hardware, a Kahler and an EMGs 81/85 combo.

I look forward to putting it together.

Kahler indeed..I have never been a floyd fan and been using Kahlers for year since my 1986 explorer and Charvel.  I guess it is what you get used to.

I'm very curious about Kahlers - apparently there is a tuning issue when doing bends? And sustain is less than a FR? I like the *idea* of a Kahler better than a FR, so if you have any opinions on pros/cons/feel that would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and that build is going to look so evil...

Edit: and now I make sense!

kboman said:
I'm very curious about Kahlers - apparently there is a tuning issue when doing bends? And sustain is less than a FR? I like the *idea* of a Kahler better than a FR, so if you have any opinions on pros/cons/feel that would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and that build is going to look so evil...

Edit: and now I make sense!

I have never found the substain to be an issue.  Kahler offers the choice of three metals for their fulcrum and saddles: steel, brass, and aluminum.  Each have different tonal qualities.  I have always used brass. 

I have never really expereinced the going out of tune when bending.  I have tried to duplicate it and it usually happens with VERY light gauge strings and EXTREME bends.  In this case it may become slightly out of tune but nothing you would notice unless you check.  I quick twang of the bar brings it right back.  Lubing and shaping the string over the fulcrum helps eliminate this.

My biggest issue with the Floyd is the feel of the whammy and heavy palm muting.  The floyds are too touchy and can become sharp when heavy palm muting is done.

However these are just my opinions.  I grew up playing Kahlers and my technique surely represents it.  If I had learned on a Floyd, I may not have the issues I have now.  It is good to have choices!!! :guitarplayer2:

Very nice soloist there Dave, I should have the "Red Devil" plate done this weekend... :icon_thumright:

I'll have to say tho that I'm not  fan of Kahler's.... :-\

You are VERY sneeky . . .

Emerald Green, Ruby Red, . . . do you have a Sapphire Blue in your collection that I'm unaware of ?
The theme of your collection "Warmoth's Crown Jewels" would rival mine . :icon_scratch:

Having people envy your collection is a cardinal sin, btw :icon_tongue:

kreig said:
You are VERY sneeky . . .

Emerald Green, Ruby Red, . . . do you have a Sapphire Blue in your collection that I'm unaware of ?
The theme of your collection "Warmoth's Crown Jewels" would rival mine . :icon_scratch:

Having people envy your collection is a cardinal sin, btw :icon_tongue:
thanks...

no blue yet but my other son wants a blue bass.  My tele is kinda of a turd brown but I did not think that would look good on a neckplate...

While it is not a Warmoth, I am also working on an OLD (1985-1989) Peavey Predator with a Kahler flyer whammy.  I picked it up on ebay for $126.  Color...yep...Gold Metal Flake

Would look good with White trim too,  I love the red over Blk Korina, I'da never thought of that

Back