Rectum? Purt'near KILLED 'im!

bagman67

Epic Member
So it's been a motherhumper of a Q1 this year.

Sick as hell for the Christmas and New Years holidays.  Cancelled a trip to Austin to visit with Zoe's mom, I was so wrecked.

Unsurprisingly, but inconveniently, I was laid off from my job on 1/10, just as I was getting ready to begin breathing normally after the lung crud slacked off.

So we took a look around, decided to move to Las Vegas to be close to my aging mother, my brother and his family, and let my baby boy grow up with his cousin the same age.  Easy enough, right?  Well, yes and no.

I began furiously networking to get a job lined up that would be appropriate to my skills, experience, and most of all, salary requirements, and whaddaya know, a friend of mine helped me to sell his employer on creating a position for me that will allow me to build business in Vegas while accessing my network of clients across the globe.  This will be awesome, and if I am half as successful at building business as I hope to be, I'll be making more money than I've ever seen, and working far fewer 80 hour weeks than I've seen in a long time.

Okay, so how about the move?  We found a house on Craigslist and my mom checked it out - and we grabbed it.  Only one we looked at, and it's a peach.  I couldn't even begin to think about touching such a nice place in the Bay Area, and its a lot lower rent than the tumbledown shack we've been living in for the last four years.  Hooray for good rental karma.

We packed the house, moved from San Jose to Vegas, and I started the new job Monday, 2/10 - exactly one month after I got canned.  Thing is, the first few weeks I'm flying back to San Francisco to work at the mothership - so I'm on a plane a lot, and Zoe and the tot are on their own during the work week (albeit with substantial support from my mom and my brother's family).  I'm sitting in the airport in San Jose now (yay!  huge flight delays due to east coast weather!) waiting to board for Vegas, and to spend my first night in the new house.

How has your first quarter been (so far)?

Bagman

I am so goddamned exhausted I'm practically bleeding from the ears.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but happy to hear about your good fortune. 

Its always difficult when these major life changes happen, but my experience has always been that you come out the other side better than before. 

It helps to look at it as an opportunity rather than a catastrophe.

Good luck.  From reading your posts I think you are intelligent, kind and compassionate--all qualities that should serve you well through your evolution.  No where to go but up at this point.

Thank you, Dwight.  You're very kind.  It's been a roller coaster, but I definitely see all this major life change as being for the better.  Once we get settled in better, the baby will calm down and actually nap, and sleep through the night - then we'll really be on to something.

Meanwhile, time to go unpack the kitchen.

Peace out, everyone.

Sounds like some serious stress. Moving and job loss are two of the top stressors we experience in life, and can actually lead to illness. Be sure to eat well, and get back into something you truly enjoy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Send me your new address.

Back