Recessed Tune-o-matic question

WarmothRules

I asume the recessed route is for both the Gotoh Tune-O-Matic Stud Mount Bridge and the TonePros Locking Tune-O-Matic Bridge? Also both these bridges do have a 12" radius.

WarmothRules said:
Oh i also asume that a TonePros Stop Tail Piece is not really needed?
Not if you have another way to terminate the stings in mind.

I'm checking on the radius of the bridge and will be back with that info.

WarmothRules said:
I asume the recessed route is for both the Gotoh Tune-O-Matic Stud Mount Bridge and the TonePros Locking Tune-O-Matic Bridge? Also both these bridges do have a 12" radius.
Yes, Tonepros TOM style bridges are a 12" bridge saddle radius.

What do you mean by terminate?

On the picture for the recessed tune o matic bridge it just has string ferrules. Actually i've never owned a guitar with a "tune o matic"style bridge so the whole thing seems a little strange. You know the whole not being able to adjust individual saddle height. I'd like a recessed tune o matic bridge on my next guitar. I'd have a strait 12" radius.

WarmothRules said:

What do you mean by terminate?

On the picture for the recessed tune o matic bridge it just has string ferrules. Actually i've never owned a guitar with a "tune o matic"style bridge so the whole thing seems a little strange. You know the whole not being able to adjust individual saddle height. I'd like a recessed tune o matic bridge on my next guitar. I'd have a strait 12" radius.

Since the recessed t-o-m bridge pictured has string ferrules you don't need the stop tail piece. The purpose of the stop tail piece is to hold your strings on a guitar that does not have ferrules. You can buy blank saddles and cut different radius using a radius gage and either nut files or a nut cutting saw.

Bootlegger.

Back