Rear routed, but oval (top) output jack?

Jet-Jaguar

I've been thinking about building a guitar with a Warmoth body and Neck, and I have some questions.

1)  Is it possible to have a rear-routed strat, but have the output jack on the top like a top-routed strat?

2) If so, is it possible to have that type of jack on a non-strat? 

I play while sitting down for the most part, and I've found that I really like having the jack there, instead of on the outer perimeter of the body.

They put one in my front routed JazzMaster...
jazzmaster.jpg

David said:
They put one in my front routed JazzMaster...
jazzmaster.jpg

Ugh. That is beyond infuriating. I -HATE- the normal JM input jack setup. I'm starting to seriously question why I was told 'no' on quite a few of the things I was after...that I later discovered are done all the time.

My salesperson told me "No, we can't do that. There isn't enough room to work with." I would have paid extra for it.

That's a sweet-looking JM, by the way. I love the racing stripe.

Official word:

Yes it can be done. It's an additional $45 and renders the body non-returnable outside of Warranty.

It can also be done on some rear routed bodies (strat) but It's generally not recommended though, one trip on the cable and there is potential for a big mess. Also $45 and non-returnable.

W sales told me I couldn't have an LP-style control layout on a Thinline, and then I found out on this board that it's done all the time. They really need to standardize what is available to EVERY customer. Or you could just request to talk to Spike, who in my experience is the most knowledgeable, if not the friendliest, sales guy they've got.

Unwound G said:
thekiwidisciple said:
Yes, Spike is the man!

+1.  So was Eric before he was moved to IT/Project Management.

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm still here and available for questions.  I just won't be writing up your order or answering the phone.

S6300088-1-1-1.jpg

Look, you draw the outline of the hole you need - it needs to be not just a half-oval, it needs to be oval enough to leave room for the jack springy-arm thing. Then drill two holes, connect then with a keyhole saw, then rattail file & wood rasp it till it's a hole... it's like 30 minutes with hand tools, tops. Wood isn't scary.* I can't see how a warrantee on a body could matter unless you're planning to beat Vikings over the head with it then sue Warmoth for making a wimpy club.
In which case you'd be dead, anyway. :dontknow:

*(Wood is our friend! Binky & Boofy LOVE our wood, don't we?) :glasses9: :cool01:

Back