REAR ROUTE - Pot hole location..CLOSED

brownsound79

I need a guide to drill a pot hole on a rear rout Strat body.. just for the Volume & tone.. i need a pic's (detail or close-up) of how it looks like inside the control cavity..

Why?  Just drill it wherever you want the controls to be.  If you really care about standard location...

PS2208B.jpg

I can't stand the standard Strat volume location... I always accidentally turn it down as I play.  :doh:  My first electric was a two-knob Strat knockoff so I got spoiled.

dbw said:
I can't stand the standard Strat volume location... I always accidentally turn it down as I play.   :doh:  My first electric was a two-knob Strat knockoff so I got spoiled.

I agree, the nice thing about Warmoths pots is theres a bit o friction to them so they don't turn down as easy, But still, I like my volume a bit farther form the strat Norm

It doesn't really matter how it looks inside the cavity.  To the extent you have your 1 vol 1 tone  config planned out you should have plenty of space in a rear route warmoth strat to bring the volume as far behind the bridge as you want - so long as you remain aware of the space the pots will take up - which isn't much.  Just remember to tape up before you drill.

Back