Raw Canary. Whats It All About?

bbl4ck said:
DangerousR6 said:
bbl4ck said:
I have not played a Canary neck, yet!  I have a Canary w/ Malagasy Rosewood fingerboard on order and can not wait for her to come home. :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
Canary is not a standard choice option and I don't think it is always available? :icon_scratch:
They seem to have a new batch of Canary that came in because they have been showing some beautiful Canary necks in the showcase. :glasses9:
If you watch the RSS feed you can see the new necks as they are posted and maybe get a feel for what you might want.
Good luck  :rock-on:
Duuuuuuuude, you're gonna love it, got min in today for "Krank n Stein" and it's just simply amazing....... :hello2:
index.php

Doug, I'm sitting here creamin' over your neck.  A true beauty on the Krankenstein.  :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: 
I am really squirming with anticipation now because I am expecting mine within the next week or so. 
When did you order your neck?  I placed my order on May 5th, so it should be coming home within the next couple weeks. 
You will see pics of the Canary with Mr. Cray when it arrives.
Be cool and have a great weekend!
:rock-on:
I placed my order that exact same day, but i ordered mine thru the custom shop. Not thru the regular sales department...

JaySwear said:
so i've been researching (always more to look up before you order ANYTHING i feel like...) and i've been thinking about a maple neck. but the one i've been looking at is a gloss finish, and i'd rather have a satin neck. so i figure maybe a canary (raw) neck would be a good compromise. similar color, but no finish needed.

so how does canary feel? a satin-like finish is what i'm hoping to hear. i had a peavey wolfgang standard that i just got rid of, and i loved the feel of the neck (just not the radius).

thanks in advance!  :icon_thumright:

and, while i'm asking about one, what other "exotic" woods make decent unfinished necks? i keep hearing that a raw exotic is the way to go, but don't hear any specifics besides canary and wenge. and maybe indian rosewood, but thats a bit out of my price range  :sad1:

Canary rules and everyone who has seen or played mine has tripped balls. I was "window shopping" last night and Warmoth has a bunch of new Canary and Goncalo Alves necks that are just MF'n GORGEOUS!!!

sn6790a.jpg
1 5/8 is too thin for me but what a looker this one is!
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=SN6790&Body=1&Path=Neck

vms2557a.jpg
Ooooooh, Goncalo! (Make a 1 3/4" nut looking just like this one.... SOLD!!!!)
http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=vms2557&Body=1&Path=Neck

I wasn't planning on another build anytime soon but if I keep looking at The Showcase I don't know that I'm disciplined enough to resist.

ETA: I've had my Canary for a few weeks and I'm already seeing a change in the patina... it's starting to show deeper reds, yellows and blue-green now which was more subtle when I first got it. I'll have to update my thread maybe in a few months once the coloring gets a little more substantial:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8084.0

I like both of those crime, the canary is similar to mine very streaky...
That goncalo is pretty awesome too, may look into one of those for whatever comes next... :guitarplayer2:

Back