Radioshack Green Caps

C

Creepies

I've read that a couple of you use "the green Radioshack capacitors", and upon discovering that I'd have to pay $25 for TWO caps  :eek: at RS guitarworks, I was wondering if this kind is appropriate: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103629&cp=&sr=1&kw=capacitor&numProdsPerPage=100&pg=1&origkw=capacitor&retainProdsInSession=1&parentPage=search.

i had a capacitor just like that in my squier...
i didnt notice any difference in tone between a regular capacitor.

i use orange drop capacitors in my guitars now.
my only complaint is that they are HUGE, and depending on your build, it may take up alot of space.

line6man said:
i had a capacitor just like that in my squier...
i didnt notice any difference in tone between a regular capacitor.

i use orange drop capacitors in my guitars now.
my only complaint is that they are HUGE, and depending on your build, it may take up alot of space.

I believe the ones from RS are even bigger.  :icon_biggrin:

I would hope they don't get any bigger than those paper and oil ones  :laughing7:
They are pretty big.

Max said:
I would hope they don't get any bigger than those paper and oil ones  :laughing7:
They are pretty big.

Those are even bigger still.  :icon_biggrin:

I've got one of those in the 0.015 uf variety in my LP for the rhythm pup, and a 0.022 uf for the lead pup.  Not much room left in that cavity.

Thanks for the fast replies...I just don't have the money to shell out 25 plus shipping on two caps.

Creepies said:
Thanks for the fast replies...I just don't have the money to shell out 25 plus shipping on two caps.

Then get the pots and switch in the same order.  :icon_biggrin:

Back