Quilt Blue Strat...done

The cool thing about that tune is it sounds like he's playing something so exotic, but it's really just G major over a C bass part (Lydian mode). Of course he's doing it extremely well hehehe ;)  That's probably my favorite Satch song. The studio version is so perfectly constructed, it's beautiful.

that tune and his lessons on modes was the inspiration for this:
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adglM3Fs8jw[/noembed]

Joe talking about modes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTQolymKmDA&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCdZwASSKuk

Alright, just so you know, I realize that I will be hated for bringing this up.  I watched that Satch video, and could not help but wonder to myself why he bothers to pay those other dudes in his band.  I mean everything but his guitar playing sounds like it could be programmed on a very inexpensive sequencer.  I mean, I know that it's all about him, but really the backing music there is lifeless and boring.  Also if overuse of a whammy were a crime, that man would be on death row.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Sorry.

guitlouie said:
Alright, just so you know, I realize that I will be hated for bringing this up.  I watched that Satch video, and could not help but wonder to myself why he bothers to pay those other dudes in his band.  I mean everything but his guitar playing sounds like it could be programmed on a very inexpensive sequencer.  I mean, I know that it's all about him, but really the backing music there is lifeless and boring.  Also if overuse of a whammy were a crime, that man would be on death row.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Sorry.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing!  :redflag:

JamesL said:
guitlouie said:

Sorry.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing!  :redflag:
You guys completely spelled "Steve Vai" wrong. :evil4:

guitlouie said:

What are you sorry about? Maybe you're sorry that you haven't posted any of the crappy music you enjoy so we could diss it too?  :laughing7:

Dis away!  I think you can all operate you tube well enough on your own.  And I was actually saying sorry for taking this OT.  I think Satch is a phenomenal guitar player.  I think his live performances lack something.  So sue me for having an opinion.

GoDrex said:
The cool thing about that tune is it sounds like he's playing something so exotic, but it's really just G major over a C bass part (Lydian mode). Of course he's doing it extremely well hehehe ;)  That's probably my favorite Satch song. The studio version is so perfectly constructed, it's beautiful.

that tune and his lessons on modes was the inspiration for this:
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adglM3Fs8jw[/noembed]

Joe talking about modes:

Those were cool Gary.  Thanks for posting them.  :icon_thumright:

I keep coming back to view the blue hue of your guitar with that maple neck, black guard and black hums - just excellent  :glasses10:

SlingBass said:
I keep coming back to view the blue hue of your guitar with that maple neck, black guard and black hums - just excellent   :glasses10:

Thank you, sir.  :rock-on:

So I've started working on that song.  The first fast run I have a 65% speed and my lumbricals are cramping up...its gonna take some time.  :tard:

Edit:  I have the run at 1:36 down and the run at 1:40 at 55%.  I'm ready to give up.  :doh: :tard:

DocNrock said:
So I've started working on that song.  The first fast run I have a 65% speed and my lumbricals are cramping up...its gonna take some time.  :tard:

Edit:  I have the run at 1:36 down and the run at 1:40 at 55%.  I'm ready to give up.   :doh: :tard:

The run at 1:40 is now at 65%.  I think I can do this.   :icon_thumright:

....eventually

Blue313 said:
Keep putting the time in Doc, its almost there  :rock-on:

Woohoo...80%...lotsa work for a 3 second run    :doh:

Seriously though, I'm noticing an improvement in improvisation speed, as well.   :icon_thumright:

I am going to make a woman pregnant just so I can trade you a firstborn baby for that guitar, Doc. Do you want a girl, or a boy? :blob7:

stubhead said:
I am going to make a woman pregnant just so I can trade you a firstborn baby for that guitar, Doc. Do you want a girl, or a boy? :blob7:

Niether!  My (step)kids are 19 and 20...no babies!!!!   But I have to say that that is the greatest complement any of my builds has ever received.  Thanks!  I love it, too.  If I could only keep one guitar out of my collection, this would be the one.   :icon_thumright:

Back