questions about Stainless Steel frets and Warmoth necks

metalheadgreg

I'd like to order a maple Warmoth Pro neck with a maple fingerboard, fully-scalloped, and had some questions...

- Can I get Stainless Steel frets with a scalloped fingerboard, or am I required to order the 6100 nickel?

- If so, what is the biggest Stainless Steel fretwire that Warmoth offers?  anything near the size of 6000?

- Does Warmoth do any filing, leveling, crowning, etc. on their fretwork when you order a neck?

thanks

metalheadgreg said:
I'd like to order a maple Warmoth Pro neck with a maple fingerboard, fully-scalloped, and had some questions...

- Can I get Stainless Steel frets with a scalloped fingerboard, or am I required to order the 6100 nickel?

- If so, what is the biggest Stainless Steel fretwire that Warmoth offers?  anything near the size of 6000?

- Does Warmoth do any filing, leveling, crowning, etc. on their fretwork when you order a neck?

thanks

- I don't see why not

- 6115 .107" x .052"

- No, but every neck I have ordered from Warmoth needed very little or no tweaks to be perfect.

As an official response:

Yes, scalloped necks can be ordered with 6115 Stainless Steel frets.  Metalheadgreg is right, the great majority of our customers can get away with not having to do anything to their frets at all.  But if you plan to have super low "painted on action" then you might want to consider having some fretwork done then.

Back