Questions about Dye vs Transparent / Color options

Ty said:
I could nail that color spot on even with it being a virtual guitar build. I would assume they would up charge $100  at least. Far as color matching just like i did in my own company we will get it damn close but variables always exist. Sean will ask me if it is worth the trouble to do this guitar, and i would suggest to him its custom but no problem.

That is odd you are hearing Warmoth not following directions, if anything it would be comunications getting crossed. but one pissed off customer will try and move the masses!

If Sean handed me the picture of your guitar i could paint it with no problems.

Greg can give you details on pricing

Good luck

Yeah I get confused sometimes as to why on earth there are cool finishes in the in stock section that you can't use in a custom order.  I mean, it's obvious that they are do-able, but when you ask a rep, they say no. 

Skyze said:
and I was getting a carvin neck anyways.

Whoa now.  Slow your roll.  Your guitar is doomed with this line of thinking.  Why go Warmoth for the neck?  There's only one reason you need to consider.  It's made on the south hill of Puyallup, which is where everything truly awesome comes from.  I'm here and Warmoth is here.  What else do you need?  No silly California neck will have the innate super seksi mojo that comes from a place where you're drunk driving distance from the Puyallup Valley and where you rest safely in the knowledge that if Mt Rainier erupts, the 30 ft deluge of water and debris will not touch your Smith Brothers milk box.  I could go on, but I don't want to make the rest of the world feel too inadequate.

Go Warmoth.  Your soul and the souls of your children will feel the difference.

-Mark

no interest in any warmoth headstock shapes, not interested in carving a shape myself from a paddle headstock, esp when the price is more.

Seems a little ridiculous that you can't get a burst pattern that's already offered but with the base color changed. I would have never guessed that a caribbean burst with amber instead of clear couldn't be performed for the same price much less an upcharge. Maybe it's different because they can't just spray amber over the blueburst without affecting the blue like they probably do with the clear in a caribbean burst. Would you have top go amber > blueburst > clear for that? And if so, why can't dude have it?

clearerphish said:
Seems a little ridiculous that you can't get a burst pattern that's already offered but with the base color changed. I would have never guessed that a caribbean burst with amber instead of clear couldn't be performed for the same price much less an upcharge. Maybe it's different because they can't just spray amber over the blueburst without affecting the blue like they probably do with the clear in a caribbean burst. Would you have top go amber > blueburst > clear for that? And if so, why can't dude have it?

That was my original idea for my Les Paul.  I wanted a Teal burst, just using a bit of amber with the blue.  They told me no. 

Ty, thank you very much for the finish on my strat. I love it a little more each day.

3980126581_f6ae724190.jpg

well I am pretty positive I am going for a full blown Carvin custom. They can do the finish (its already been done, real life pictures!) and its just a small tad bit more than Warmoth's standard finishes.. so, its a no brainer.

Maybe ill consider a Warmoth guitar body someday, since I dont have enough money to order two full Carvins. but eh.

Back