Question of Ethics...

GuitarEC

Okay - so I nearly have my first Warmoth in hand and built - Woot for me...

My wife is wanting to get some more tattoo work done on her back / shoulders area.  I'm not necessarily too keen on the idea...

Is it wrong for me to tell her that it's fine as long as I can get another Warmoth?

Eric "GuitarEC"

Just get what ya want.  If you always cower to a skirt, you've already done a virtual self castration.  Be a man.

What kind of man are you that you have to "bargain" with your wife to build a guitar? Obviously there is a problem Houston!  :)
BB in SC

You guys have it all wrong. GuitarEC has the long end of the stick on this one. How dare you question his manhood! Through artful negotiation and deft statecraft our man is going to get another guitar, and she'll get some ink that she will be eager to show off to her husband once it heals. It's a win-win with an unbeatable peace dividend.

I think that's a whole lot better than "F*** you, woman! I do what I want."

The more you encourage each other's eccentricities, the more "encouraged" you'll both be (if you catch my drift, my single-entendré, if you will.)

Dude, I've messed with alot of chicks and I've learned alot. And 1 thing I've learned is that a woman is going to do what she wants to do and she is going to get what she wants and not care for the consequences. I say build it!

:rock-on:

neilium said:
Through artful negotiation and deft statecraft our man is going to get another guitar,

If it takes artful anything... he's lost already.

Next thing he'll have to beg for sex, then food, then toilet paper....

Build it.  In fact, use her tattoo money for it.

One guy had a wife that asked for a boob job... he told her to rub some tissue between her tits twice a day instead.  She asked what for... and he told her, well you been doing that to yer butt, and look how big its gotten!

"Guitars will get you through times of no nookie better than nookie will get you through times of no guitars...."
- somebody famous once said that or if they didn't, they should have.

Have you ever heard of a man who played women so well, he could have any guitar he wanted? Not hardly. :blob7:

I know this sounds crazy, and will surely be ridiculed here, but I tell my wife exactly where I am at at all times, and she does the same.  No games, no bullcrap.  Neither of us tries to bargain with the other, neither of us ever has to beg for anything.  If she says she wants more Tattoos, I say let's find a way to make that happen.  If I say I want another Warmoth, she says let's find a way to make it happen. I know I'm lucky to have my girl, but if you start with the games, she will too, and women tend to be better at these kinds of things....

-CB- said:
If it takes artful anything... he's lost already.

Next thing he'll have to beg for sex, then food, then toilet paper....

Build it.  In fact, use her tattoo money for it.

One guy had a wife that asked for a boob job... he told her to rub some tissue between her tits twice a day instead.  She asked what for... and he told her, well you been doing that to yer butt, and look how big its gotten!

This is why women don't come to rock shows any more.

Enjoy your sausage party.

the way my dad bought stuff was:  buy it, hide it, mention getting it and see how it goes, negotiate, say he already bought it (after a generous gift of course), then take the punishment like a man.

the way i plan on getting my way in the future is get a good job (soul sucking accounting job) so i can pay the bills, and hopefully fund a warmoth build every now and again.
the way i see it is, if you make ample amounts of cash, how can she oppose you buying stuff?
keep her happy and not bitching, and you will in turn be happy for the silence. 
I"m not a spineless pus, i just hate drama, and i don't like being poor or with out basses.

SchmoopY said:
the way i see it is, if you make ample amounts of cash, how can she oppose you buying stuff?

Well Schmoopy, if you ever get married, you'll see the answer to this question. Like your positive thinking though, except the soul-sucking job part.

I don't know, my wife and I give ourselves a separate 'allowance' which we don't negotiate about or anything - we each do what we want to with that money. This way, my music habit is put in the context of her spending on shoes, $40 facial creams, $20 West Hollywood martinis (yeah, I know...), whatever. She doesn't even know what I buy. You could fund a pretty decent gear habit with the money most (not all) women spend on themselves every month, if you keep track of it. My wife once spent more on a haircut than I spent on my flame maple / brazilian rw neck!

I think it was some kind of deluxe thing..who knows? Back to the original poster, I advise you to wait until you've got your 1st W all together, play it for a month or so, and really find out if you picked the right frets, etc.etc.etc.

Not a question of "did I do it right" - I know I did...  ...she said 'Yes' when I proposed to her!

She's very supportive of my music (While most guitar-heads would call it an addiction, she knows it is more of a music passion).  I was putting this thread out there as more of a tongue-in-cheek kinda thing.

As far as my next Warmoth?  Well, I have a thought of making a great 'rock' guitar - with a Sustainiac incorporated in there...

Oh well,

Eric "GuitarEC"

guitlouie said:
I know this sounds crazy, and will surely be ridiculed here, but I tell my wife exactly where I am at at all times, and she does the same.  No games, no bullcrap.  Neither of us tries to bargain with the other, neither of us ever has to beg for anything.  If she says she wants more Tattoos, I say let's find a way to make that happen.  If I say I want another Warmoth, she says let's find a way to make it happen. I know I'm lucky to have my girl, but if you start with the games, she will too, and women tend to be better at these kinds of things....
Marriages like this will last....I know. You're supposed to support and uplift each other's dreams and ambitions. It's sad that you don't see this more often in marriages but I believe it is the reason most marriages fail.

Back