Question about neck compatability.

S

sandal

Hello, Everyone. I'm new here. I've been looking at the Warmoth site and have read the section about Strat and Tele necks. My question goes a step further. Do all of the other types of necks / headstocks, (LP, V, or whatever), have the Strat type pocket fit?  Could you put a Warmoth made Soloist type neck or a Warmoth made LP type neck on a Stratocaster body? Do all of the Warmouth necks other than the Tele Type fit the strat neck pocket? Basically universal?

Thanks,
sandal

sandal said:
Do all of the Warmouth necks other than the Tele Type fit the strat neck pocket? Basically universal?

The pockets are all Strat type, except for Tele, as you've noted.  The Strat pocket necks themselves are semi-universal - excepting places that the fretboard overhang would interfere with pickup placement, and of course, some scale length issues.

Thank You for the answer. I've got quite a few guitars but none that I've put together myself. I was just wondering how wide the possibility of options would go concerning neck type.

Sandal, just hang arround here for a while, and check the galleries, you will see some inspiring stuff, welcome aboard

Back