Quality control issue

Mx481james

I have been waiting for a split jazz Master body in gloss Mary Kay. It came a day before my birthday so very excited to open on my birth date . Open the box took the body out of it's wrap . Looks great till I take a close look , no it's got some finish issues around the pickup cavities . 
I'm not writing to bash warmoth actually the opposite.  I sent them pics and her back from Spike quickly . He said that is not indicative of are quality , please give us the opportunity to make this right. I will send a pickup tag and have the body refinished or a new body built for you.
It really isn't that bad by the way , pics make it look worse than it is ,It unfortunately is still pretty noticeable .
I find this very rare in the world ! No passing the buck , no excuses. Just ( give us the opportunity to make this right)
This company has been so great I see myself always doing business with them .

I saw someone else have a finishing issue real recently with a neck om a different forum. Warmoth also went out of their way to make it right.

I'm glad they were working with you. Warmoth is great.

Superman they really are . I've purchased parts from other vendor's in the past . Neck that just had problems and called for warranty , you must have expose the neck to humidity . What ? No I don't shower with it lol.
I've dealt with Jake and spike most times but everyone has been helpful and polite .

I had a minor finish issue with a painted body over the summer (the guitar in my avatar). I was tempted just to let it go, but decided to send it back for Warmoth to fix. The turnaround was very fast (just a few weeks) and the repair was perfect. Glad I did it.

Warmoth's good about this sort of thing. You buy enough from them you're bound to run into something sooner or later but no real drama over it.

Side note, there are few things likely to annoy me faster than getting grilled over a return issue. You pay your money, wait for shipping, you're all pumped to open up your new [whatever] and there's an issue or shipping damage. Then to add insult to injury I've got to convince some nerd that I didn't manhandle in the 10-foot transit from my front door to the couch? Eat an entire barrel of ass

But Warmoth no problem in all of 1 or 2 issues over many years. One was a poorly installed nut and actually that may have been only one, returned and fixed. There was a paint seam showing a bit too much on a body one time but my guess is 50% of folks would have been okay with it as received, I just resold it. Sometimes there's a little window in between "return-worthy" and "totally satisfied" and that one bulls-eyed it.

Back