push/push pots

shanejw

I want to put a push/push pot on my carved top soloist, but i'm told you need to thin out the top to get it to fit.  The obvious solution is to get a long shaft pot, but i can't seem to find any anywhere, so i guess i'll have to try thinning out around the pot hole.  any advice on how to go about this?  i really don't want to fudge anything up.

The ones I got from Warmorth have a 1/2 inch shaft length. Maybe you should wait to see if it fits before any wood removal proceeds.

what is a push push pot anyway?  would that be like the s-1 switchin thing?  and wouldn't you need a special know for that if it is???

Push/push - you push once and the knob pops up about an 1/8", switching the DPDT, push again and clicks to the lower position.
The push/push switches Warmoth sells use a standard knob.
Just don't pull a push/push.

???? Don't know what's going on with the Soloist, but I was originally going to wire my VIP carved top with push pots to coil tap and the Warmoth pots fit OK without any mods....

ibob74 said:
Push/push - you push once and the knob pops up about an 1/8", switching the DPDT, push again and clicks to the lower position.
The push/push switches Warmoth sells use a standard knob.
Just don't pull a push/push.

so it's spring loaded like an ink pen right?  it sounds like that would wear down after a while or somn....i never used one so i could definitely be wrong on this one... :dontknow:

riarojr said:
so it's spring loaded like an ink pen right?  it sounds like that would wear down after a while or somn....i never used one so i could definitely be wrong on this one... :dontknow:

They wear out. I've gone through two on one guitar in less than a year. It's not like I'm all that abusive with it. Eventually it stops catching.

Back