Purple Rain! New and improved neck pRon!

fdesalvo

Neck is in.  Vintage tint is prettier than I imagined it would be.  Was worried it would be horrifically yellow. 

Warmoth neck
Standard Thin
High Grade Birds Eye
Vintage tint
Select Pau Ferro
SS 6150/straight 12"

fd066696.jpg

595c8557.jpg

72caf3f4.jpg

12ad1e38.jpg

c4f9b22d.jpg

b2305b77.jpg

holy god. that. That better go on a damn good body. That's too incredible. Just...    :icon_thumright:

:laughing7: I was just trying to see how it would look as an arm attached to a potential stump. Good thing it doesn't match my skin tone!  :party07:

Nice neck, but you don't want that cheezy plastic truss rod cover. It would look much nicer with a nice custom black anodized aluminum truss rod cover, with your name on it... :laughing7:
fdesalvo.jpg

platescovers.jpg

I was wondering when u were gonna show yer mug around here. Must've smelled the fresh chum!

Haha, def want to talk to u about that. My hardware is chrome.  Whatcha got fo' a po'kchop??

DangerousR6 said:
Nice neck, but you don't want that cheezy plastic truss rod cover. It would look much nicer with a nice custom black anodized aluminum truss rod cover, with your name on it... :laughing7:

fdesalvo said:
I was wondering when u were gonna show yer mug around here. Must've smelled the fresh chum!

Haha, def want to talk to u about that. My hardware is chrome.  Whatcha got fo' a po'kchop??

DangerousR6 said:
LOL.... :icon_biggrin:, can't help myself. It's a public service, to keep people from using cheeeezey appointments...  I can do a polished aluminum one for ya... :icon_thumright:

Nice!  We shall discuss the other lil square jiblet on the rear, as well.  Now I new to think of a theme haha.

fdesalvo said:
Nice!  We shall discuss the other lil square jiblet on the rear, as well.  Now I new to think of a theme haha.
Uhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOvSlphjipo

I'm torn between my loathing for birdseye and my love for flame, plus my love for all things purple. I guess 2 beats 1 :laughing7:

Did Warmoth do the black burst edge around the veneer 'by default' or was that something you specified?

That looks fabulous! I think the idea with those nut slots is to line up the strings with the tuners, although I'm not sure if they did it right. I do know that the graphtek nut that came with my new angled strat neck needs a bit of work before it'll be useable - the strings are getting bound up in it, causing intonation problems and buzzing. Maybe yours needs that too?

Looking at that picture with the tuners in, it looks to me as though those nut slots are "aimed" at where the string is going to hit the toner post. It's an improvement, not a mistake.

JaySwear said:
That fretboard is ridiculous. Congrats!

Thanks, mang!

Ace Flibble said:
I'm torn between my loathing for birdseye and my love for flame, plus my love for all things purple. I guess 2 beats 1 :laughing7:

Did Warmoth do the black burst edge around the veneer 'by default' or was that something you specified?

Flibs McGibbs you can have it all, sonny!  The burst was by default!

sduck said:
That looks fabulous! I think the idea with those nut slots is to line up the strings with the tuners, although I'm not sure if they did it right. I do know that the graphtek nut that came with my new angled strat neck needs a bit of work before it'll be useable - the strings are getting bound up in it, causing intonation problems and buzzing. Maybe yours needs that too?

Yeah, you need to have your slots widened!  (That's what...oh yeah)

StubHead said:
Looking at that picture with the tuners in, it looks to me as though those nut slots are "aimed" at where the string is going to hit the toner post. It's an improvement, not a mistake.

You are correct, sir!  They are aimed correctly, thus reducing the condition I hated most on all my former gibbons. 

Here's my Warmoth headstock with Grover tuners. I think your nut is cut to correctly fit the fanning of the strings.
542960_3702233325078_1552800045_3129224_846192173_n.jpg

Back