PRS Kool-Aid!!!!!

pabloman

I swear Warmoth has been drinking it. Anyone see the Spotlight Guitar Neck section lately??

It's pretty ridiculous. And I noticed all their LP (SC?) necks now have Ivoroid binding on them. I guess they're trying extra hard to sell those LP (SC?) bodies! :icon_biggrin: All their LP (SC?) necks used to have cream, while the bodies had Ivoroid. A sneaky ploy to get people to custom order either the body or the neck to get matching binding.

There are SO MANY ways to spend over 2 grand on a guitar, guys. The fact that W makes it possible to spend 2 grand on one of theirs is not that big a deal. Fact is, you can still build a W for $800 with good pickups and hardware, probably the ONLY sub - 1k American made guitar you can do.

pabloman said:
$970 necks, $700 necks, :dontknow:
that is a bit extreme, I've built whole guitars that didn't cost that much. But hey, it is what it is..  :dontknow:

DustyCat said:
Wowza!

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=wn1284&Body=1&Path=Neck

Yep, that sher is perty!
MULLY
not too sure it's worth a thousand dollars, but it is sexy as all get out

mullyman said:
DustyCat said:
Wowza!

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?i=wn1284&Body=1&Path=Neck

Yep, that sher is perty!
MULLY
not too sure it's worth a thousand dollars, but it is sexy as all get out
YEAH!! That'd go great with a pine-bodied Tele!!  :evil4: Sorry, I think maybe my blood-sugar
level's somewhere in the basement...What in the world WOULD you put that thing on?

I wonder if that's a custom order that had a debit card bounce or credit card max out.  That's the kind of neck that goes with something particular, not just anything.  It seems unlikely they'd take a $1000 gamble on a showcase piece to get someone to order a $1000 matching body.

That was my guess too. It has too many particular features (koa veneer? black binding? gold frets?!) to be something Warmoth decided would make a good showcase piece.

This particular flavor of ice cream comes to mind when I think of that koa neck with the veneer: Tin Roof Sundae. It is delicious, yet deadly if you have any allergies to peanuts.

I guess someone grabbed it already  :dontknow:

Attachments

• tin-roof-ice-cream.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 384
Looks like somebody bought it.

Tough to say what will float somebody's boat. I've done some work on some pretty expensive pieces here, and have spent some pretty serious money on a couple for myself. Sometimes you see something and you just gotta have it, cost be damned.

I don't think Warmoth is taking undue advantage, it's just that some pieces of wood are rare. Ebony, for example, rarely exists in a form that can make an entire neck. It grows kinda scraggly, like a crabapple or olive tree. Finding a long straight piece with any girth to it just doesn't happen very often. I'm sure some of the other exotics are the same way. Ziricote comes to mind. I've got a one-piece neck of that stuff. When's the last time you saw one of those, if ever?

Back