Project #2: Floyd Rose Redmond/Warmoth build

69autoXr

Second project, second post!

My second build, with the first body I bought.

Specs:
-Body:  Floyd Rose "Redmond" 3-tone sunburst, Alder, recessed Floyd
-Neck:  Warmoth Modern Construction maple/maple, right handed reverse, Wizard profile, 6150 frets, R3 nut
-Bridge:  "Ping" Floyd Rose licensed, purchased with MIM strat body.  37 mm brass Big Block.  Pretty nice unit with steel saddles!
-Pups/electronics:  Fender Tex-Mex single coil set, 250k volume pot, 3-way toggle (B, BN, N), mini toggle for middle pickup.  Because I can't cut a 5-way slot!
-Pickguard:  Warmoth solid gloss black 0.060", reverse angled bridge pickup.  Doesn't quite fit exactly, but I used solid black so it wouldn't stand out so much
-Misc:  Gotoh tuners

Now my one and only guitar with a single coil bridge pickup!  I didn't want just another Strat, so I had to go for the reverse headstock, reverse angled bridge pup, and the Floyd.  This body has a unique neck bolt pattern that had to be drilled into the neck, but I figured if anything went wrong with it, I could easily transfer all of the parts over to a Fender body.  Initially I had a 0.090" pickguard, but the fretboard overhang was too tight, so I replaced with 0.060" and added a StewMac 0.25* maple shim.

Attachments

• BurstFRStrat.JPG
    BurstFRStrat.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 695
I really like the reversed bridge pick up.  It make so much sense!  I think the Jake E. Lee custom model strat has this feature.

Back