Probably an odd question...

Puck1587

Hey all, first post and such.

I was just curious about finishing something that has been decoupaged (yeah I know kind of an odd thing to do to a guitar). I sanded the old finish from the body and applied (with some help from my girlfriend) some charred sheet music to it. Afterward, with some help from good ol' dad, we started finishing it with an oil based poly. Applying a coat every few days,then 0000 steel wooling it to apply a new coat.There's not really anything wrong with the finish, I was wondering from the pros around here if what I did was ok or if I should sand it down and start over?

Thanks,
    Tyler

I don't have any advice, but there was a thread on The Gear Page the other day about a guy who had someone (Gibson?) decoupage all his old concert tickets onto a Les Paul. One of the coolest guitars I've seen in a long time. At any rate, it's definitely possible.

Welcome to the party.  :glasses10:

Rich

RLW said:
I don't have any advice, but there was a thread on The Gear Page the other day about a guy who had someone (Gibson?) decoupage all his old concert tickets onto a Les Paul. One of the coolest guitars I've seen in a long time. At any rate, it's definitely possible.

Welcome to the party.  :glasses10:

Rich

Pics? That sounds fuggin' awesome, man!

Back