Pro Tools 11 and 11 Rack

OK thanks Cagey, I read that Cliff had mentioned that and a couple of Fractal users that use Eleven racks as back ups. It will be interesting to see your thoughts.

Hehe! No, I've actually got a candy dish full of stuff from them that I'll never eat, and apparently nobody who comes over is very interested either.

AndyG said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Ideally, I'd prefer to just run PT11 on the iMac with my Line 6 UX1 as my main interface as I have been for the past few years.  My PC is XP, which no long has support, and it's running dirt slow now.  I can get a 27" iMac from Mac of All Trades.com & beef up the memory & such for a lot less $$ and have a killer running machine.

You should have no problems then.  When I was using PT8 (TDM), it was on a Mac ... rock solid.
I have a DIGI002 at home with PT8 as well.  I would like to upgrade at some point, but my PC is running XP as well, so an upgraded computer will also have to be on the menu for me ... one that still has FireWire ports.
The other consideration for me is that I do have legacy RTAS plugins .... so upgrading those is another expense.

I have the iMac now and it's loaded with 20gb of Ram, & hardly any extraneous software on there.  I loaded my Arturia Analog Experience The Laboratory 49 on there and it runs flawlessly.  Even without an audio I/O interface, I can already see an improvement in audio quality coming out of the same M Audio studio monitors.

Back