Priebecaster is complete

Why didn't you use another push/pull pot for the...............nevermind, bypass the switch.

Very clever, how does that bridge middle series sound?  I am a new fan of the bridge and neck together sound as I have a guitar like that

Sounds great. Fattens it up.
So far, with all the messing with it I've done, I found sounds that are very glassy, delicate, very much like Oz Noy,(if you haven't heard of him, check him out on Youtube. He's from Israel, lives in New York, has a CD out called Ha!. Great Strat tone.) Anyway, everything up to a humbucker sound, that Fralin Steel Poled 43 tied in with the neck gives a very fat sound, very much like a P-90. He also wired it with a cap that doesn't lose high end when I turn the volume down, that's so nice. I find myself using the volume pot more now.

Jesus Christ! What a hot rod! I would have never thought gold hardware would look so good. Talk about a paradigm shift!

Awsome build man, I'm loving it!  :hello2:

BTW, I have the same fret wire as you and I've been chopping the strings when I get too excited! Has it happened to you too?

Thanks a lot!

No it hasn't happened to me yet...but then I don't know how excited you get when you play lol

I was looking at the Rothstein site and they actually do the guitar nuts "quieting the beast" mod.

I bought a set of RG Tallboys and am planning to do the mod, is it silent? Worth the trouble? Thanks!

Hey, does Gale win anything for using the word "paradigm" in a sentance?

I think you should, congrats

Gale said:
I was looking at the Rothstein site and they actually do the guitar nuts "quieting the beast" mod.

I bought a set of RG Tallboys and am planning to do the mod, is it silent? Worth the trouble? Thanks!

Don't really know about that mod, sorry...

No worries, I think I was mistaken as to the mod being built into the Rothstein setups.  :doh:

This is what I was talking about.
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

But I appreciate your response! And again, you have outdone yourself with that great looking axe! :toothy10:

BTW Alfang...
its sent(e)nce, not:
Alfang said:
...in a sentance?

:toothy12:

Thanks
I took a risk with the scallops, since I've never played a guitar with them before, but, what the heck, 12th to 22nd fret...take the risk. So far I'm loving it. The only issue is when I do a fast run and get tangled on the high E string in the space. But I'm slowly gettin it.

The neck wood is Goncalo Alves and the fretboard is Pau Ferro. Both woods don't need finish. Feels and looks great!

Thepriebster said:
I have been playing for over 30 years and this is the nicest guitar I can remember playing.

That's exactly how I felt when I finished my build!  Sorry that I missed the grand unveiling.  :)    I had been wondering how yours turned out.  I think you got a winner... very classy!

Back